What brand stroker kit??? , which is best? 331 or 347?

dnkapcorydnk

Reaction score
I like the eagle and CHP kits. For street i would go 331 just because its less stress on the parts, but if u do go 347, only buy the CHP. CHP does not have the oil ring interesect with the rist pin so u wont be burning oil in 10,000 miles or so.

OP
OP

96juicedgt

Reaction score
thanks for the help.....i will most likely be using a f cam and spraying this combo. what would you recommend as far as heads for a good setup?

also how much will i be looking at for having the block bored??? just a ballpark figure would be appreciated!

OP
OP

96juicedgt

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys!!! 95KBGT what is your setup? I have a wet kit that i will be using only if I can't get a KB. just curious on what engine components you are using!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
96juicedgt said:
thanks for the info guys!!! 95KBGT what is your setup? I have a wet kit that i will be using only if I can't get a KB. just curious on what engine components you are using!

Ha!!! what is his set up ::) He has a KB blower that says it all :D :D to my knowledge his motor is ALL STOCK other than the blower, he just got it back from the shop and made just under 300 rwhp and 380tq

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Snakebit said:
96juicedgt said:

Ha!!! what is his set up ::) He has a KB blower that says it all :D :D to my knowledge his motor is ALL STOCK other than the blower, he just got it back from the shop and made just under 300 rwhp and 380tq
:thumb: stock internals stock block :dancing6: not bad numbers seeing that without the blower im at 180hp and maybe 200TQ

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
95KBGT said:
Snakebit said:
96juicedgt said:

:thumb: stock internals stock block :dancing6: not bad numbers seeing that without the blower im at 180hp and maybe 200TQ

uhhhh, I think you got a type- o there Paul, you would have a LITTLE more than 200 on your TQ :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh: :rollinglaugh:

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I used an eagle kit in my 306. If your gonna be just driving it on the street and no power adders cast is fine. but if you wanna spray or run boost FORGED is the only way to go. my all forged kit came balanced and I got it for 900 bucks which is a steal. as for heads its pretty much you can go an aftermarket aluminum head and most of them are pretty good. Trick flow to me is the best but because I have used alot of their parts on stuff. I'd bored it .030 over any more than that is pushing it.

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
Stangbangin said:
I used an eagle kit in my 306. If your gonna be just driving it on the street and no power adders cast is fine. but if you wanna spray or run boost FORGED is the only way to go. my all forged kit came balanced and I got it for 900 bucks which is a steal. as for heads its pretty much you can go an aftermarket aluminum head and most of them are pretty good. Trick flow to me is the best but because I have used alot of their parts on stuff. I'd bored it .030 over any more than that is pushing it.
:dunno: I believe that AFR are the best out there for an out of the box alum. head.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
oh yea your right AFR is proabably the best......but trick flow is so much cooler to say

OP
OP

96juicedgt

Reaction score
thanks for the info guys, that is what i was curious about 95kbgt as to whether you had a built motor or not....how many pounds are you able to run with that? sorry for all the questions man but i am trying to get schooled on those kb's cause the sound alone to me is worth it!!!! lol

95 Sleeper

Reaction score
96juicedgt said:
thanks for the info guys, that is what i was curious about 95kbgt as to whether you had a built motor or not....how many pounds are you able to run with that? sorry for all the questions man but i am trying to get schooled on those kb's cause the sound alone to me is worth it!!!! lol
Just to give you an idea on my stock motor with edelbrock alum. heads and an S-trim with a full 2.5" exhaust. My car made 417/433

OP
OP

96juicedgt

Reaction score
Just to give you an idea on my stock motor with edelbrock alum. heads and an S-trim with a full 2.5" exhaust. My car made 417/433
[/quote]

is that with the stock internals??? if so that is amazing!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.