what can we do to improve the electronics section?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Curious if there are any suggestions as to what we can do to improve the electronics area? What would help you? I thought about possibly scanning and uploading some of the electrical pages from my mustang bible or some other info but wasn't sure what to do, if it would be used?

On the aftermarket side of things is there any info that would help you guys? I have wondered if we could tempt a dealer/manf to come on board to help with product questions/selections and who knows maybe arrange a group buy or forum discount here/there?

Just wondering what could be done to help you better here. Not sure if anyone knows or cares but I was recently promoted to the mod of this section so I am just trying to make it all it can be so we can keep rockin.:headbang:

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
that's a good idea Scott.
I think Electronics scares a lot of people. Mainly because they can't see it and don't know how to troubleshoot. It might even be as basic as knowing the terms (Volts, Amps, and Resistance) and a simplistic way to define them.
The differences between an analog and digital meter. And the adavantages/ disadvantages of both.
How about making some stickies for troubleshooting ie: "Testing a TPS" , "Testing O2 sensors" etc, and follow the procedure from the Haynes manual,
I'll give any help I can.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The electric wiring diagrams scanned in (in high rez) would be fantastic!

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am almost a little hesitant on the diagrams though just because I don't think people believe me when I say you need to test EVERY wire prior to connecting too it. Too often they see the wire colors and think they have to be right and its just not the case. Just like I have never picked up my gun with out checking/clearing it I have NEVER tapped a wire I didn't confirm first. I know there would be a warning but I could still see it being an issue.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Having the wiring diagrams online are only going to help people like me who already have access to them in hard copy. People who don't know what they're doing are still going to mess shit up regardless, and those are the people who probably wouldn't know what a wiring diagram is, or what it even looks like... let alone how to read one.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I started and stickied an electronics troubleshooting 101 post. STarted off with just a basic bad speaker scenario to get started and will go to the tps next. Any other parts known to go bad that would be good to have a troubleshooting piece for?

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
+1 on wiring diagrams. They're always handy.
I always like DIU write ups for improvement projects if there's anything for that?

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
I started and stickied an electronics troubleshooting 101 post. STarted off with just a basic bad speaker scenario to get started and will go to the tps next. Any other parts known to go bad that would be good to have a troubleshooting piece for?

radiator fan and CCRM issues? those seem to pop up quite frequently especially in the spring

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
More car stereo! Maybe recruit other SN owners from other sites with nice setups to post in here.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Check out car audio type forums and if you see mustangs invite them to talk about their rides.

I was always disappointed that mustang owners generally don't like car audio.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That would probably be my biggest weakness, I am not the cheer leader-come-join-us kind of dude anymore.... Been starting to post the wire diagrams as I look them up for people and will keep doing it. I think it would be a good idea to get more sn/audio guys in but I have not seen all that man in my days.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'll keep an eye out. Back in the day when we had no 2V activity I spammed other forums for good 2V owners and got them to come here.

Everyone can do it, when you see a SN with a nice audio setup on another forum shoot them a PM. Tell them we are trying to build up an active Audio Section and would like to know more about their setup etc.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Scott. I love your idea on the diagrams! I can mail you my 96 and 03 wiring books if you'd like to scan them. I simply dont have the time *sigh*

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am in no fast need to scan every page in the phonebook sized manual to clog everything up. I know where to find the info you have now and if/when someone comes up with a question for that book. How about if I ask you if you can take some time to find the hrns/part they have a question about when that time comes? I think little by little we can add to the forums knowledgebase with out scanning 2 trillion pages at one time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Staff online

Members online