What color should I paint my wheels

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
not terrible by any means but I think its missing something. I thin it could be as simple as a red pinstripe on the body line and maybe hit the fender badges with it as well. These are both easy/cheap things to try that if you do not like are easily pulled off.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
I'm sorry, that looks terrible.

Heres the thing. I decided not to go the black chrome route because it was just too expensive for a set of Bullitt wheels that really aren't that unique to begin with. I thought about going back to the black on black route but that's pretty played out and every Black Mustang or car has that combo. White has already been done on here and the store had red in stock. I spent $50 in supplies and 2 days with prep and my own labor. I'm pretty particular and wanted to do a good job so I did several coats spaced out through the day front and back and finished with a clear coat. The finish turned out great and the wheels look brand new. My car was looking pretty mild with Bullitt wheels that are a dime a dozen. Nobody seemed to notice. But now I feel like it's actually unique and a one off thing. All while not spending a lot of money. So, I see this comment saying it's terrible and I think f**k I need to just strip it all off and go back to the old setup. But damn I spent all that time and effort to do a good job and I've had a few compliments that I'll prob just leave it and enjoy something different for a change. It's bad enough driving the same damn car every day. I get bored of same ol same ol. Anyways, thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment on this thread. Everybody has their own opinions it's all good.

OP
OP
T

turion94

Reaction score
not terrible by any means but I think its missing something. I thin it could be as simple as a red pinstripe on the body line and maybe hit the fender badges with it as well. These are both easy/cheap things to try that if you do not like are easily pulled off.

You know you might be right. I thought about spraying the hood and side vents red aswell as the pony emblem. I just didn't want to get too carried away with it.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
You know you might be right. I thought about spraying the hood and side vents red aswell as the pony emblem. I just didn't want to get too carried away with it.

As [MENTION=11896]ttocs[/MENTION] said you need some more red on the car to brings things together so it doesn't look too out of place. Painting the scoops I think would make it look out of place as well. Maybe a pinstripe or paint the center of the hood red. Or maybe even the side scoop all the way forward along the scoop body lines to the wheel opening.

WhiteStallion94

Reaction score
Heres the thing. I decided not to go the black chrome route because it was just too expensive for a set of Bullitt wheels that really aren't that unique to begin with. I thought about going back to the black on black route but that's pretty played out and every Black Mustang or car has that combo. White has already been done on here and the store had red in stock. I spent $50 in supplies and 2 days with prep and my own labor. I'm pretty particular and wanted to do a good job so I did several coats spaced out through the day front and back and finished with a clear coat. The finish turned out great and the wheels look brand new. My car was looking pretty mild with Bullitt wheels that are a dime a dozen. Nobody seemed to notice. But now I feel like it's actually unique and a one off thing. All while not spending a lot of money. So, I see this comment saying it's terrible and I think f**k I need to just strip it all off and go back to the old setup. But damn I spent all that time and effort to do a good job and I've had a few compliments that I'll prob just leave it and enjoy something different for a change. It's bad enough driving the same damn car every day. I get bored of same ol same ol. Anyways, thanks to all of you for taking the time to comment on this thread. Everybody has their own opinions it's all good.

You did a good job, it's the color choice that sucks.

Royal96

Reaction score
I think too much red would be overkill.
The more I look at that picture up there, the more I like it.
And I know this doesn't need to be said, but what is most important is that YOU like it.

But getting it out of 4x4 mode would help.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I'm sorry, that looks terrible.

Personally i wouldn't do red wheels. But as Will said, its different. I can appreciate different and unique.

^ This is what i was thinking as well.
Will i was able to find you a few pics to give you some ideas.

2mhiv06.jpg

images

Can you believe i couldn't find ONE SINGLE sn95 with a red Center stripe. If your looking for unique that would be my bet. I know a guy with Removable red boss stripes on his new 5.0. Those removable stripes in select pattern would be your best bet. Just try and picture it with your color combo.

IMG_2953.jpg

Newlights1.jpg

m5lp_0811_01_z+1995_ford_mustang_GT+driver_side_view.jpg

green4.jpg

chris91

Reaction score
Don't paint the entire pony red. What I did with mine was plastidippdd it black and then with a paint brush painted the mane and eye red. Just enough to make it pop and not overly done imo.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I like the stripe idea and since you don't mind being different how about a red dipped offset stripe.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online