what did you do for your car with your tax refund?(if you got one)

GT3FC

Reaction score
I bought a 6 point roll bar with my tax refund the day I got it.
What did y'all do with or plan to do with your tax refund for your car?

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
I got about $4900 back this year - I spent ~$3600 of it to buy and convert a set of FRPP Recaros to factory power, heated, adjustable lumbar, Shelby leather.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Haven't filed yet. Need my W2s from work still. I'll probably just keep it in the bank because I can't decide what to get next: headers or sri?!

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I bought my car:

1.Insurance for the year. Expensive for a young lad and its super nice to have that all taken care for a year.
2.Week rest during the summer while I'm in Mexico.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't filed yet either. Doing taxes are a pain in the ass when you're self employed. All that damn Schedule C shit, compiling sales receipts, etc.... I procrastinate it every year. Chances are, I will end up owing money anyway. I'm "head of household" to a family of 4, but I have my exemptions set to "0" at my part time security job, so they tax the living piss out of me to help offset what I end up owing from my online sales... I still end up owing. :deeplist:

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
DeepList - you just gotta increase your withholding man even more man.

After taxes, 401K, HSA, healthcare, dental, etc... I only take 53% of my gross earnings.

Milehigh JDF

Reaction score
I paid my car off with my tax return. I got wheels and Cobra brakes for with last years tax return so I figured I'd make a bigger payment on it this year.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

1bad9d5

Reaction score
im buying XXRs.. Goodyear F1 supercar tires.. 3" or 3.5" cowl/cobra r hood.. hoping for some headlights and HIDs too well see after the hood

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
No tax return here... Right now with the $$ I have saved up, I'm just gonna let it pile up.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Paid off my American Express... Which was built up from front and rear calipers, rotors, pads, lowering springs, and 35s for my truck. Nothing fun

OP
OP
GT3FC

GT3FC

Reaction score
I bought my car:

1.Insurance for the year. Expensive for a young lad and its super nice to have that all taken care for a year.
2.Week rest during the summer while I'm in Mexico.

I hear ya on the insurance costs. They are pretty high being 20 years old myself

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That small amount of money helped contribute some on these 67 parts I've got piling up.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Gonna use it to pay the machine shop to prep my Teksid.

Finally recovered from having 2 kids in 3 years :gathering:

and have extra money to put towards the car.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been dreading my taxes after having a good year in the stock market(up %35). I ended up making more on my stocks then I did on my disability and will be paying a few grand back. I can't complain though its the easiest money I have ever made doing some reading/clicking. Not sure now if I am happy or sad to know I have done so well on my pot stocks that I have already made almost as much as I did last year, so far already this year. I mean its great that I am up %1200 on one of my pot stocks, till the tax man comith....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online