What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

joe65

Reaction score
From Bassani to Dynomax UltraFlo..

The Bassani’s are great but they don’t line up with my tail pipes. I want something I can easily remove and I decided to get something with an offset inlet/outlet. I’ve always loved the way this car sounded and since I’m doing a coyote swap, I can replicate the sound.

yeah Dynomax used to be a lot more popular. I still like them on a healthy car they do sound good! Good video! damn.

also this video took me down the rabbit hole on Youtube...there are amazingly(scary) fast cars out there.

Last edited:

Bryant

Reaction score
Well, it wasn’t all done today, but it was put back together today. Cleaned up control arms and painted them. Then I got the new shocks and the new lowering springs put in. Isolators too. Also installed the new sway bar and sway bar connections. Then for brakes, calipers were cleaned and painted red. Then I had new rotors and pads put on today. Had to replace the caliper mounting brackets as well.

Attachments

• 710AAC85-2FB1-41CB-8F1A-F8115374A7DD.jpeg
    710AAC85-2FB1-41CB-8F1A-F8115374A7DD.jpeg
    75.8 KB · Views: 13

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
Remove the head light
You will see a bar that runs from fender to the radiator support loosen those bolts and adjust as needed other words push fender toward radiator support you might have to modify it a little make holes oblong
It took me a while 3 hours to get them like that my white 95 went in like nothing perfect
My 97 cobra had to fight that one

It just occurred to me... ...my 94 isn’t numbers matching. Very little is honestly. In 1999, I was involved in a front end collision. (16yo, late for school, in the pouring rain, with factory width tires and no ABS or traction control) Anyway, all the panel gaps look correct, but the radiator support has a 98 date stamped on it. Maybe 97-98s were installed or manufactured differently than 94-95s?

Hopefully that helps you if not I'll figure something out on it to help you get it in place

Here’s my problem, and I’m afraid to touch it because it took me several hours, not to mention waiting for several shipments of those plastic tightening screws because they kept breaking. I understand now why the body shop didn’t want to aim them for me. I also understand now why two piece headlights still reign supreme in the 94-98 aftermarket world. I was so frustrated that I almost threw them out all together. One piece headlights, so long as they’re not those bizarre angel eye projectors, just updates the car so wonderfully though.

Attachments

• 77C91481-AF0E-447F-A6B4-FB4214C7AE3E.jpeg
    77C91481-AF0E-447F-A6B4-FB4214C7AE3E.jpeg
    174.2 KB · Views: 9
  • 84C69F03-C7E7-4ABC-82BC-A544A48FD472.jpeg
    84C69F03-C7E7-4ABC-82BC-A544A48FD472.jpeg
    242.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 51A9B0EF-CC09-4C9D-941C-77CA8DC2FD70.jpeg
    51A9B0EF-CC09-4C9D-941C-77CA8DC2FD70.jpeg
    194 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
I did a taco run for the family tonight. 6pm, and still in the 90s somehow. Not sure how Corona can affect you when driving topless, but I wasn’t the only one, and saw several bikers without a full face helmet, so I guess they’re not too worried about it either. I’m sure the heat and ample UV rays help.

I also updated my 9/11 magnet because I’m not going to buy a new magnet every single time a national or global crisis occurs. Ain’t nobody got time for that!

D9442E72-A789-487D-8A1C-F21CCE469111.jpeg

joe65

Reaction score
Talking about headlights..started working on the originals from my car. They might be salvageable. Got down to 1000 grit paper. Polish next.
20200408_172924.jpg 20200408_191136.jpg

mnewxcv

Reaction score
what red is that , when I had mine painted , Ford told me its vermillion red , to me it looks like cardinal red
Mine is laser red code E9. There is another red (E8) that I think carried two different names over the years.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Here’s my problem, and I’m afraid to touch it because it took me several hours, not to mention waiting for several shipments of those plastic tightening screws because they kept breaking. I understand now why the body shop didn’t want to aim them for me. I also understand now why two piece headlights still reign supreme in the 94-98 aftermarket world. I was so frustrated that I almost threw them out all together. One piece headlights, so long as they’re not those bizarre angel eye projectors, just updates the car so wonderfully though.
the headlight panel behind the bumper cover needs to go inward a little and it could be behind the headlight itself needs to be trimmed or the headlight panel needs to be trimmed
by seeing that pic you almost got it one of those parts need a trim just enough to go back and cover the gap

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
It just occurred to me... ...my 94 isn’t numbers matching. Very little is honestly. In 1999, I was involved in a front end collision. (16yo, late for school, in the pouring rain, with factory width tires and no ABS or traction control) Anyway, all the panel gaps look correct, but the radiator support has a 98 date stamped on it. Maybe 97-9should not make a different8s were installed or manufactured differently than 94-95s? the year on that

the years should not make a different

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure how Corona can affect you when driving topless, but I wasn’t the only one!

Sorry, but not sorry!! But am I the only one who chuckled at the the thought of chics driving topless?!?!? [emoji1787]

Im a man. It’s how we’re wired!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Sorry, but not sorry!! But am I the only one who chuckled at the the thought of chics driving topless?!?!? [emoji1787]

I was reading through all the post and missed that one

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
what red is that , when I had mine painted , Ford told me its vermillion red , to me it looks like cardinal red

I had Ford do a History 999 on my car (basic build data) over a decade ago. they claimed my E8 Rio Red mustang came in Vermillion. DuPont, if you are able to find an old enough catalog, will claim that their Cardinal Red paint matches Ford’s Vermillion Red. I’ve used Duponts Cardinal Red for touchups forever! Once dry, it’s a perfect match against original unaged paint.

Mine is laser red code E9. There is another red (E8) that I think carried two different names over the years.

E8 kept the official “Rio Red” name on mustang from 94-99. ES is the double name paint. Offered from 93-95 as “Vibrant Red” (yes, mustangs used to come in THREE different shades of red not to mention having red interior in addition) and then the color was revived from 99-01 as “Performance Red.”

the years should not make a different

I only mentioned this because it sounded like you said you had a horrible time with the 97, but the 95 was easy.

Well, I also refuse to wear a bra on my car! I am 100% against wearing a bra! No one should!

upload_2020-4-8_23-22-8.jpeg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
95 was way easy
My 97 was bad headlight would not align
I had to adjust and trim some plastic off both panel and headlight

07GtS197

Reaction score
Talking about headlights..started working on the originals from my car. They might be salvageable. Got down to 1000 grit paper. Polish next.
View attachment 3577 View attachment 3576

What grit did you end up on? I think if you kept going with 1k then slowly worked up to 3k and used a rubbing compound with a buffer it could come out crystal clear.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
As far as paint the outer shell of my 97 cobra was painted at the ford dealer vermilion red
They did not want to touch under the hood it would have cost more for them to remove everything
When I built the engine I did it myself with cardinal red can not tell the difference

MyLittlePony

Reaction score
As far as paint the outer shell of my 97 cobra was painted at the ford dealer vermilion red
They did not want to touch under the hood it would have cost more for them to remove everything
When I built the engine I did it myself with cardinal red can not tell the difference

E8 Vermillion. You still own a Rio Red mustang though. Sales team doesn’t give a damn what the paint department thinks.

upload_2020-4-9_0-15-8.jpeg

BTW... ...just take a minute and admire the paint options back then. Nowadays, every car is black white or grey. There are a few mustangs that want to pop, and come in red, or an even more rarely picked blue... ...but even the new models, despite how sexy they look, blend in with everything else because they went with black white or grey. Gimme color!!!

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
E8 Vermillion. You still own a Rio Red mustang though. Sales team doesn’t give a damn what the paint department thinks.

View attachment 3581

BTW... ...just take a minute and admire the paint options back then. Nowadays, every car is black white or grey. There are a few mustangs that want to pop, and come in red, or an even more rarely picked blue... ...but even the new models, despite how sexy they look, blend in with everything else because they went with black white or grey. Gimme color!!!
You are right the paint is not what it used to be
The colors back then was nice
There is a new guy on the forum the paint looks like a midnight gray used on the dodge chargers
I am picking another mustang 96 gt and that is probably the color I will paint it
Its silver frost now

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online