What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

dwcopple

Reaction score
So my 98 is E8 Rio Red. Are you saying the Duplicolor Cardinal Red is a match for touch ups then?

joe65

Reaction score
What grit did you end up on? I think if you kept going with 1k then slowly worked up to 3k and used a rubbing compound with a buffer it could come out crystal clear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah in the photo i posted i had stopped at 1000 i'll go to 2000 next then see how that looks. The Meguires polish/compound i use will remove 1200 grit marks. still needs a bit more elbow grease, but i did that in about 20mins of messing with it last night. I don't know what they did to those things but man they were bad and i had to remove some kind of tint/film first. I actually like the mach 1 lights (tinted) better, but these are free and its kind of a challenge thing now to see if i can get them restored.

Regarding 1 piece lights on the cars that didn't come stock with them, i'm not a big fan. I actually like the 2-3 piece lights on the foxes/early sn's.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
So my 98 is E8 Rio Red. Are you saying the Duplicolor Cardinal Red is a match for touch ups then?
I could not tell the difference
here is a sample the car was done at ford with vermillion red
and I did the engine bay with cardinal red

Attachments

• 20190713_112101.jpg
    20190713_112101.jpg
    211.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20190713_112017.jpg
    20190713_112017.jpg
    200.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190901_121308.jpg
    20190901_121308.jpg
    182.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20190825_152258.jpg
    20190825_152258.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

joe65

Reaction score
I had Ford do a History 999 on my car (basic build data) over a decade ago. they claimed my E8 Rio Red mustang came in Vermillion. DuPont, if you are able to find an old enough catalog, will claim that their Cardinal Red paint matches Ford’s Vermillion Red. I’ve used Duponts Cardinal Red for touchups forever! Once dry, it’s a perfect match against original unaged paint.

E8 kept the official “Rio Red” name on mustang from 94-99. ES is the double name paint. Offered from 93-95 as “Vibrant Red” (yes, mustangs used to come in THREE different shades of red not to mention having red interior in addition) and then the color was revived from 99-01 as “Performance Red.”

performance red really is orangey. Mine is that and a lot of times it looks more orange than red.
just saying.
upload_2020-4-9_9-0-44.png

I only mentioned this because it sounded like you said you had a horrible time with the 97, but the 95 was easy.

Well, I also refuse to wear a bra on my car! I am 100% against wearing a bra! No one should!

View attachment 3580

searay86

Reaction score
Got the center console in, I have usable cup holders! No more coffee in my lap
3cbc2c6d10e43f52bc07135e4f79f550.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

joe65

Reaction score
I finally finished waxing my gas tank cover and now you can see why.
1dM8UXw.jpg

I hope to someday catch someone on their back looking up under my girls skirt to get a closer look of it.
I get it. The first notch I had I spent tons of time under that thing painting it all black. I was convinced it had to be done. Never got to drove the car, but someone else had a clean ass chassis.

I started tearing the rear control arms out for new arms and the coil over set up on mine today. The bolts are being little fucks. The rear bolt wont budge. Heated it 2 times, impact wont break it. Got the nuts off but the bolts are rusted stuck. It's always little shit things.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I get it. The first notch I had I spent tons of time under that thing painting it all black. I was convinced it had to be done. Never got to drove the car, but someone else had a clean ass chassis.

I started tearing the rear control arms out for new arms and the coil over set up on mine today. The bolts are being little fucks. The rear bolt wont budge. Heated it 2 times, impact wont break it. Got the nuts off but the bolts are rusted stuck. It's always little shit things.
did you hit the bolts and nuts with some PB blaster let it soak for a while
maybe a lot of rust on them

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re-installed both front seats, which I just had completely rebuilt, restuffed and recovered in black leather (OMG... soooo nice now!); replaced trunk supports (LiftMaster, perfect!); replaced ALL tail light light bulbs; installed new headlights; and removed “dryer ducting” that previous owner used to connect air intake tubing on the supercharger with automobile-grade flexible, ribbed ducting and collars; oil/filter change; K&N style air filter pressure wash and recoat and cover with new prefilter “sock” as I,like to call them!

other than that, didn’t do much today! LOL

P.S., Yes, actual laundry clothes dryer ducting. I sh*t you not

Last edited:

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
”removed “dryer ducting” that previous owner used to connect air intake tubing on the supercharger.”

Ah, you must have a Powerdyne setup! You removed “cutting edge” technology from yesteryear!!! Those kits were delivered with a flexible tube for connecting to the intake.

upload_2020-4-11_7-38-23.jpeg

Absurd right? Did the previous owner ditch that for an actual Home Depot special???

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ah, you must have a Powerdyne setup! You removed “cutting edge” technology from yesteryear!!! Those kits were delivered with a flexible tube for connecting to the intake.

View attachment 3630

Absurd right? Did the previous owner ditch that for an actual Home Depot special???
Looks like he or she might have! Whatever the case was, it’s in the trash now, replaced with the aforementioned. And yes, it’s the old Powerdine/Ford MotorSports BD-10 system

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Re-installed both front seats, which I just had completely rebuilt, restuffed and recovered in black leather (OMG... soooo nice now!); replaced trunk supports (LiftMaster, perfect!); replaced ALL tail light light bulbs; installed new headlights; and removed “dryer ducting” that previous owner used to connect air intake tubing on the supercharger with automobile-grade flexible, ribbed ducting and collars; oil/filter change; K&N style air filter pressure wash and recoat and cover with new prefilter “sock” as I,like to call them!

other than that, didn’t do much today! LOL

P.S., Yes, actual laundry clothes dryer ducting. I sh*t you not

Pics make this all better. Just sayin.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I got some of my polishing crap from amazon today to allow me to get the barrels on the wheels shiny again. The back wheels had worse water spots on them so I have had to go all the way down to 800 grit to start and I need another pack to do the other wheel unfortunately. But the fronts look much better.
ZPccyQ6.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online