What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
That's what I call saving a couple of hundred pounds and time with the car away from home. Took 45 minutes and cost £21 I think it was for the parts.

It will be sorted properly one day - probably in the Spring unless it all falls off again before then!

Odd but there does seem to be more power now - she's definitely got a bit more oomph about her since doing this.

TMW

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Well as usual I try to get away go to a car show or the drags some kind of event , and problems come up , so I had to cancel the car show , maybe next time better luck ,
I ended up under a 66 mustang replacing some suspension work.

dwcopple

Reaction score
Touched up some rock chips and sprayed the exposed areas in the front wheel wells with undercoating spray. Looks good!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Yesterday and today I put the rear interior back in the car. This was no easy feat as it was out when I had the accident over 6 yrs ago and they have been shuffled around a bit with some reorganizations so first I just had to find them... Then I had to remember how they were installed but they are back in and its nice to see the back covered again.

I have been doing this because I am STILL hoping that summit gets the right freaking hose now the 3rd time around. I also realized that the 1/2 npt to -12 adaptor and then a -12 90 degree fitting was going to be too tall and hit the fuel rail so I found another fitting that was a 1/2 pipe to -12 with the 90 built in at jeggs and ordered it from them. It arrived today and as soon as I took it out I thought it looked too big and yup its a 3/4" to -12, not the 1/2"... Upon closer inspection its the wrong part in the correctly labelled bag. So then on hold with jeggs for 15 mins I find out that they do not have anymore, and will not be getting them till the end of oct... I think I found a different one that will be a little harder to install because it does not have a swivel on it but I only have to wait for it to be shipped out on tues, and should get it wed. So now tomorrow I get to play the 3rd round of "Did Summit ship the wrong hose again?!" and then wed I do it over again with jeggs. I swear now I am 4 steps backwards from that little step forwards a few weeks ago when the first shop was scared to do the alignment....

Don Stewart

Reaction score
Found the rattle in my door. Spring in window regulator came out. Can't figure out how or why but, it's back in place now.

Werecow

Reaction score
I should really put this in my build thread, but I'mma put it here cause I really need/want some input on this.. As some of you know I recently got a good floor jack and this helped me finally get the front of my foxbody high enough safely that I could get under the front of the chassis to get a good look at some things... From what I saw I'm a lil discouraged. I want some feedback here for some opinions on what paths or directions you think I should take with this build. I'm thinking that I'll have to go to a tubular k-member regardless of whatever direction I go. And since I already have a tranny with a big block bell housing pattern I might as well go in that direction.. but I still won't know much of anything untill I can get it running which is still up in the air.. anyhoo... Pics... IMG_20201001_171727660.jpg

Yes, that's a chunk cut out of the k-member, and the oil pan has been sectioned, brazed (I think?) And smeared with JB weld... Here's another angle...IMG_20201001_171738626.jpg
Yeaaahhhhh.... I know some of you are cringing right now... Just wait I got one more....IMG_20201001_171648397.jpg

Yuuuuirrrpp..... That's the steering rack the front of the oil pan is sitting on... I discovered all this while I was eyeballing everything for what I needed to do to get the steering shaft out to put in a new rag joint... Then I found all this... Soooooo right now I'm thinking bare minimum to get this engine running to move it around, maybe.... Just maybe drivable with it while getting the rest of it ready for a big block transplant?? What does the forum think??? Remember I have to keep an automatic whatever direction I got with it...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d look to replace that with an aftermarket k-member. You need to take a butt load of oil measurements and compare them to comparable pans to ensure proper fitment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online