What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I finally got the flywheel off. Now I just need to find an old clutch alignment tool to get the bearing out unless there is another easy way?

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Stuff bread (yes, that kind of bread) into the pilot bearing until it pops out OR buy a bearing puller.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ha...h/how-to-remove-pilot-bearing-with-bread/amp/

I saw the bread or paper towel method and that is what I was planning on doing if I can get ahold of an old alignment tool. I Assume I do not want to use the one I need to align my current clutch with the way it has to be beat into place?

Now that you mention it I do have a kit called a blind hole bearing pulling kit that I wonder if it would work...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
I saw the bread or paper towel method and that is what I was planning on doing if I can get ahold of an old alignment tool. I Assume I do not want to use the one I need to align my current clutch with the way it has to be beat into place?

Now that you mention it I do have a kit called a blind hole bearing pulling kit that I wonder if it would work...

Yes that would work.

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
I usually use an old 1/2 inch extension. I have never used a pilot tool to remove one.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am going to try my bearing puller although I am not sure it will be big enough. If it isn't I think I will go the rout of borrowing/renting a slide hammer and puller. While I have the scatter shield out I cleaned and painted it. I have had an oil leak I have not been able to see where it was coming from till all this was off and I can see its from the back of the valve covers so I got some new valve cover gaskets. As much as I hate pulling my intake off I am tired of the oil...

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Had a good day today! Finished up the DIY seat delete. Also installed the Corbeau harness bar and harnesses. Still waiting on the DFX seat to come in, but should be a quick install. And, got the Spintech catback system on. It was a bit of a b***h to be honest. The fitment was decent, but definitely not great by any stretch. And the clamps that it came with weren't the correct size. I made it work, but it was not the best fitting catback I've installed... But, regardless, it makes a little more bark than the old stock Magnaflow catback. Now, just waiting on the catless H-pipe from American Muscle. I already have the mil eliminators, so it should be a fairly quick and straight forward install once they get in.

Attachments

• IMG_7205.JPG
    IMG_7205.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7186.JPG
    IMG_7186.JPG
    312.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7207.JPG
    IMG_7207.JPG
    345.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7185.JPG
    IMG_7185.JPG
    400 KB · Views: 12

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Also, here's a better pic of the Kenwood double din I installed last week.

Attachments

• IMG_7208.JPG
    IMG_7208.JPG
    287.6 KB · Views: 11

joe65

Reaction score
drove mine about 50 miles today. I think its the most I've driven it since I bought it. Really drove pretty well I was happy. Also spent a little time in the garage and pulled the teksid out of the shipping box and put it on the stand. Found a fucking crack at the starter opening where the flywheel bolt attaches. I'm thinking it can be welded, but damn it, its always something, i swear.

image2.jpeg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
drove mine about 50 miles today. I think its the most I've driven it since I bought it. Really drove pretty well I was happy. Also spent a little time in the garage and pulled the teksid out of the shipping box and put it on the stand. Found a fucking crack at the starter opening where the flywheel bolt attaches. I'm thinking it can be welded, but damn it, its always something, i swear.

View attachment 9575
Once and a while I get that type of shit to
You will need to weld it

96gt226410

Reaction score
Had a good day today! Finished up the DIY seat delete. Also installed the Corbeau harness bar and harnesses. Still waiting on the DFX seat to come in, but should be a quick install. And, got the Spintech catback system on. It was a bit of a b***h to be honest. The fitment was decent, but definitely not great by any stretch. And the clamps that it came with weren't the correct size. I made it work, but it was not the best fitting catback I've installed... But, regardless, it makes a little more bark than the old stock Magnaflow catback. Now, just waiting on the catless H-pipe from American Muscle. I already have the mil eliminators, so it should be a fairly quick and straight forward install once they get in.

I didn't think they sold catless midpipes anymore.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
The side exhaust on my truck worked itself loose and banged the pinch weld for the last time. Totally drained from a particular rough day in the plant and I really didn’t want to work on the truck.

So, I worked on the truck anyway..

488008A2-93F4-4B18-BFDE-A8C404FBB230.jpeg

Just cut the front section off the MBRP kit and pieced together a new setup with parts I’ve had laying around. Thank you @lwarrior1016 for giving me my Bassani mufflers back!

4693EBD5-43BF-4707-A6D2-D6D283B1C0DF.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online