What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

vtchopperdude

Reaction score
Prepped the car for it's first open track event tomorrow!!! And when I say prepped, I checked the fluids. I've been doing some odds and ins on the car since I bought it February, such as exhaust, brakes, wheels, tires, race seats, 4 point harness, QD steering wheel, and rear seat delete. Nothing too crazy. We'll see how it does tomorrow! Hopefully good! I also signed up for open track on Sunday! I have my GoPro rigged up on the harness bar. We'll see how that turns out. And we'll see how bad of a driver I am, hahaha.

Blueraz_5.0

Reaction score
? Can you get to the broken bolts ,you might have to remove the lower intake

I'm trying to get them out because I'm attempting to replace a blown head gasket, both were on the edges and snapped off. One side is almost flush with the surface, the other broke off about an inch down. So that lower intake isn't budging til I can get those bolts out.

joe65

Reaction score
I'm trying to get them out because I'm attempting to replace a blown head gasket, both were on the edges and snapped off. One side is almost flush with the surface, the other broke off about an inch down. So that lower intake isn't budging til I can get those bolts out.
Feeling your pain. broken bolts suck ass.

joe65

Reaction score
Wednesday i dropped of the crank and rods at the shop that is going to put together the teksid short block for me after its machined. Wish i had found these guys years ago. They do really nice work and they are affordable. Anyways, look at this gem they had in for some work. There were a couple terminators in for work and so many other cars i can't remember now. They build lots of Coyote stuff now.IMG-2209.jpg

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
^this is my fault, and will continue to be my fault for the next 6 weeks or so. Pending machine shop results tomorrow.

Hardly, I decided to rest up today since we went to visit family all day yesterday and 0400 comes quick.

Ultimately? Laziness is to blame ;)

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Machines shops take a while
My block with crank pistons rods
Took forever

Yeah, about that. JE sent the wrong wrist pins and it took weeks for them to replace them after William convinced them it was their fault. He dropped the right parts off at the machinist to re-balance the rotating assembly. Much quicker turn around this time tho.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
I was hearing during covid that a lot of metal any thing of metal was the worst get if it is a part
Right now its any thing with a computer chip

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
The computer chip thing makes me wonder what the hold up is as all the people I know that are still working in the semiconductor manf industry never missed a single day of work that they didn't call in sick for. Their factories at intel kept right on chugging.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online