What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Success! Pump is quiet as a church mouse, but now I think one of my idlers is already showing its age (and the motor is essentially brand new). Ooof!

Gonna replace an idler tomorrow and see what happens. Power steering is good though. Butter smooth.
Funny how when we fix one thing, suddenly we can hear another. When I put cats back on my car suddenly with when I went to put the hood down I could hear the supercharger. I was afraid something was starting to go wrong but it was all good.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I think I finished up on the wiring on the outside of the car today. I say that with a bit of a question because it feels like I am forgetting something.... Now to move inside the car and see if I can figure everything out inside.

weendoggy

Reaction score
I think I finished up on the wiring on the outside of the car today. I say that with a bit of a question because it feels like I am forgetting something.... Now to move inside the car and see if I can figure everything out inside.
Well, you know, they only say you forgot something when it doesn't work. Otherwise, you did a good job, but nobody ever says that. :p So I'm giving you a thumbs up and kudos for doing what I love the most on a car...wiring!!

weendoggy

Reaction score
After going to bkfst. I finally had enough of the clutch pedal overuse. In other words, it's in the wrong location! So, I've started my process of moving the pedal closer to the brake pedal (relation to height from firewall distance) so it'll be easier and less travel for me. I don't need full travel and I could just put a stop, but why. You can see below the stock position and what I'll be doing. I did this on my pedal box when I built my Cobra as well and it's a lot easier without having to put your knee in your chest each shift. :p Now, where's my cutoff wheel....

pedal-1.jpgpedal-2.jpgpedal-3.jpg

badass98svt

Reaction score
After going to bkfst. I finally had enough of the clutch pedal overuse. In other words, it's in the wrong location! So, I've started my process of moving the pedal closer to the brake pedal (relation to height from firewall distance) so it'll be easier and less travel for me. I don't need full travel and I could just put a stop, but why. You can see below the stock position and what I'll be doing. I did this on my pedal box when I built my Cobra as well and it's a lot easier without having to put your knee in your chest each shift. :p Now, where's my cutoff wheel....

View attachment 23685View attachment 23686View attachment 23687

weendoggy

Reaction score
Finished up the clutch pedal mod. Very happy and releases about 1" off the bottom which is much nicer. All the geometry stayed stock above the area where I "V" cut the arm and rewelded so it all stays in harmony. Tight space under there too, worst part was getting the N/S switch on/off. Took it out for a quick drive and feels much nicer now. :cool:

pedal-6.jpg

pedal-8.jpg

pedal-10.jpg

joemomma

Reaction score
Ordered new u-joints, trans fluid, and speedo gear set for the 4.10s. I'm going to do it right this time and swap the gear inside the trans, I'm tired of swapping gears on the cable and them only lasting a couple of weeks before they quit. I've never done u-joints or dropped a trans (let alone disassemble one) before, so this should be exciting. Or scary. It may end up on a rollback, but I'm going to give it a shot. I also ordered a ball joint/u-joint tool kit. It was only $50 on Amazon, I hope it's decent. My vise only opens to 4" (you need 5.5" minimum opening), and I didn't want to have to take it somewhere to get it done.

EDIT: while I'm in the trans, anything I should look for or do while I have it apart?

joemomma

Reaction score
Can't find a Speedcal?
Last time I looked there weren't any available, and the Abbotts are out of stock too. I figure it'll be a good learning experience. It may learn me that I don't need to do this kind of work lol, but I'll learn something from it.

badass98svt

Reaction score
I'll keep my eyes peeled for one. They really are the better option. Adjustable for gears and tire size/height.
It's a whole lot easier than dropping the trans too.

joe65

Reaction score
Took the old girl out for a drive that last 2 Saturdays. Both times it reminded me to order a clutch. But still worth the seat time. We are expected to get another round of blizzard/snow this week and our streets just cleared of the ice from the last round.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online