What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

badass98svt

Reaction score
@Musturd
Keep in mind that roll cages in street cars are extremely dangerous. Full harness and helmet is needed to keep you from cracking your head wide open in the event if an accident.
Ask me how I know. I got rear-ended with a 6 pt cage in my old 96 GT. I had my OEM seatbelt on. I slid right up the seat and smacked my head right off the the crossbar of the main hoop. I had padding on the bar but that did virtually nothing. That was over 20 years ago and I always said I'll never run a cage in a street car again.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
@Musturd
Keep in mind that roll cages in street cars are extremely dangerous. Full harness and helmet is needed to keep you from cracking your head wide open in the event if an accident.
Ask me how I know. I got rear-ended with a 6 pt cage in my old 96 GT. I had my OEM seatbelt on. I slid right up the seat and smacked my head right off the the crossbar of the main hoop. I had padding on the bar but that did virtually nothing. That was over 20 years ago and I always said I'll never run a cage in a street car again.
Yea I’m going to have foam around the main hoop and other bars . My yellow car had a 6pt and I drove it on the street all the time it was my daily . I don’t drive my car alot on the street anymore . Will forever be a street car but maybe a few thousand miles a year .

weendoggy

Reaction score
Finally got the car washed and "skid marks" rubbed out from the last track outing. Put the street tires back on, shook off some dust on a short run and parked in the garage.

optionizerSS

Reaction score
Went back out for another cruise to go to a nice outdoor Mexican restaurant. Have put 800 miles on it since we got it about a month ago and we don't drive it to work...lol

optionizerSS

Reaction score
I think i still have a few old timeslips but they are faded. I'll have to look and try to post them
Found 4 timeslips. These were from 1996 so definitely had the 327 in it.Thought it ran low 12's but apparently not. Barely 12's...lol. 60' was around 1.90's. Pretty decent RT's but I was always pretty good on the tree. Was taught how to stage/deep stage etc and when to leave by a very experienced racer.

Last edited:

badass98svt

Reaction score
Yea I’m going to have foam around the main hoop and other bars . My yellow car had a 6pt and I drove it on the street all the time it was my daily . I don’t drive my car alot on the street anymore . Will forever be a street car but maybe a few thousand miles a year .
Just to reiterate, the foam padding is pretty much useless in the event of an accident. Just beware, that's all. No one wants to see any fellow Mustang brethren get hurt.

joemomma

Reaction score
Realized I'm going to be buying two new fronts sooner than expected. I never bothered to get an alignment after I did the front suspension. Lesson learned.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
not much on the cars just clearing the gravel driveway and making forms for a 18x34 slab in front of the building

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
oh for sure thankfully I live in a small town of 2200 and live in farm land . Cages are a pain in a street car but it’s all I really do these days with the car is no prep and the occasional trip to the track 3 hours away .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online