What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Found some issues . First off the filter is quite a bit smaller then the inside diameter of the housing and ballooned . Secondly the pump sock looks to be pretty dirty . Time to replace the pump and filter and see how it does
IMG_0646.jpegIMG_0645.jpeg

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
I see Evil Energy all over Amazon, which is loaded with China stuff. I never buy any car stuff from Amazon. It's rife with counterfeit and fake China stuff. Maybe major brand motor oil and that's about it.

BTW, that fan controller looks hawt.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I see Evil Energy all over Amazon, which is loaded with China stuff. I never buy any car stuff from Amazon. It's rife with counterfeit and fake China stuff. Maybe major brand motor oil and that's about it.

BTW, that fan controller looks hawt.

For fuel lines I’ve had good luck and their fittings don’t leak but clearly the fuel filter isn’t good quality .

Bronco2Fan

Reaction score
Spent yesterday removing the all the old Mach 460 speakers and amps. Everything still worked fine, just time for an upgrade. I was thankful I have a convertible for this. I think it would've been a much harder install in a coupe. We replaced all the speakers, tweeters, wiring and amp. You guys know we had to basically gut the interior to run and install it all. Then my son had to tweek the head unit and amp for me because I'm hard of hearing and tone deaf. But it does sound better to me than it did before. Now I'm on the hunt for a OEM sub enclosure, because he says it'll sound even better. And there isn't much space in a convertible for a sub.

GTamas

Reaction score
I put a full tank of 100 octane gas in it + a bottle of STP emissions reducer cleaner additive. Yesterday and today I drove the car 60 miles in 4th gear at 80mph each day (3000rpm) trying to clean out any deposits.

GTamas

Reaction score
Due to local regulations, I had to change the rear sidemarker from red to yellow. I needed to add a red prism on the taillights, too because when the yellow turnsign was added they used the space of the factory prism. I wanted to keep it minimal, so I used reflective stickers.
20240612_211334.jpg20240612_214250.jpg20240612_214303.jpg

weendoggy

Reaction score
Due to local regulations, I had to change the rear sidemarker from red to yellow. I needed to add a red prism on the taillights, too because when the yellow turnsign was added they used the space of the factory prism. I wanted to keep it minimal, so I used reflective stickers.
View attachment 35712View attachment 35713View attachment 35714
Does the rear light need to be red as well, or still amber? Kinda' weird, but I know you're in Europia.

GTamas

Reaction score
Does the rear light need to be red as well, or still amber? Kinda' weird, but I know you're in Europia.
Rear light and brake have to be red. Rear retroreflective has to be red. Turn signs have to be amber. Reverse has to be white. Plus you have to have a rear red foglight, this I have under the bumper.

weendoggy

Reaction score
Rear light and brake have to be red. Rear retroreflective has to be red. Turn signs have to be amber. Reverse has to be white. Plus you have to have a rear red foglight, this I have under the bumper.
So you just needed to reduce the rear TS issue, or, you just did it to be pro-active. Either way, good!

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Didn’t touch it but ordered a bunch of goodies from summit . Going to pull the rear end so my buddy can install the 4.10’s . No rush to get the car done next race isn’t until July 12th . Going to be able to fully go over the car front to back . Planning to put lots of street miles on her rest of the season . Fuel system has been a constant battle on this unit . IMG_0673.jpegIMG_0672.jpeg

Last edited:

GTamas

Reaction score
I pretty much followed the one that Brew2L made in his YT video. It's basically a 4" PVC septic cleanout, tiki torch wick, small gauge SS wire, a couple small bolts, baby oil and some quick connect air fittings.
Which port is recommended to use for injecting the smoke in the 5.0 engines?

Mustang5L5

Reaction score
Make sure you toss a rubber glove over the throttle body as well, or you will have smoke coming out the air filter eventually.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodeblue

Members online