What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after starting to drive the car I realized I really need to do some more work on the stereo. Of course then the work that I did today I decided probably will not work...
QZIXIDY.jpg

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
any issues doing this? I'd like to put one on mine.

started the winter garage queen polish/ wax on mine last week.
View attachment 13170
that champion 3 core is a good radiator amazon has a couple left for a good price
moving the ABS system back a little and moving the A/C lines on the passenger side a bit over to the left by air box
but it will fit good

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have been dying to take her for a spin just to put some more miles on it now that the alignment is good but the weather has been horrible. Today it dried up and I was able to finally take a spin and I figured I would go up to the roof of my fav parking garage for some pics but discovered they have the top chained off now :( I thought I would just do some pics inside in different areas but they have also upgraded to led lighting that I just could not get a good pic with. Either too bright or too dark. But she did drive nice and I started to get on it in 2nd/3rd and I can say that they are a damn good time when I am not yet at full throttle.
skF0IhP.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I went for another drive today and did some data logging and made some adjustments to the tune. I got on it hard enough to break traction in 2nd and went back to look at the data and was happy to see I was only at %52 throttle. Now I was a little troubled to see that the boost went to 119 Kpa and if I am converting that right that means it was about 17 psi?! Am I converting something wrong or do I need to figure out what is up with my bypass valve?

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I went for another drive today and did some data logging and made some adjustments to the tune. I got on it hard enough to break traction in 2nd and went back to look at the data and was happy to see I was only at %52 throttle. Now I was a little troubled to see that the boost went to 119 Kpa and if I am converting that right that means it was about 17 psi?! Am I converting something wrong or do I need to figure out what is up with my bypass valve?
That’s only like 3 lbs of boost. 100ish kpa is atmosphere which is 14.7, boost is anything over that.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
That’s only like 3 lbs of boost. 100ish kpa is atmosphere which is 14.7, boost is anything over that.
ah good the converter I found online was wrong then. Hopefully that is about right at 4krpms, I thought I had a 5 lb spring in the bypass valve. I have never owned a car with boost before as you can probably tell so I am still getting use to the power I can now use with the new trans in place.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
anther day of driving and it keeps getting more and more fun the more I push it. BUT man will it make your butt pucker like a MOFO when your going down the highway and suddenly think "Did I see the hood move?!?!?! Ah yea I think I see the hood moving a little...." If you could have stuck a piece of coal down my crack right before that moment immediately after you could pull out a diamond. I was stopping in 10 secs anyway but I went and gently lifted up on the hood to discover that the nut on the bottom of the aerocatch hood pin had come loose and now allowed it to move 3/4-1". I tightened it down enough to make it home and realized that I crossed the 200 mile mark and shtuff was could be starting to come loose now if it were going to. I have a some noise in the front end when I hit bumps that I want to check out, a little bit of noise from the rear brakes I want to investigate and now after the pucker moment today I am going to go back under it and put my hand on every bolt I can think of. Its a little early to change/check the trans fluid but since I am down there I am going to do that as well. driving is fun, till you pucker(you can quote me on that).

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
anther day of driving and it keeps getting more and more fun the more I push it. BUT man will it make your butt pucker like a MOFO when your going down the highway and suddenly think "Did I see the hood move?!?!?! Ah yea I think I see the hood moving a little...." If you could have stuck a piece of coal down my crack right before that moment immediately after you could pull out a diamond. I was stopping in 10 secs anyway but I went and gently lifted up on the hood to discover that the nut on the bottom of the aerocatch hood pin had come loose and now allowed it to move 3/4-1". I tightened it down enough to make it home and realized that I crossed the 200 mile mark and shtuff was could be starting to come loose now if it were going to. I have a some noise in the front end when I hit bumps that I want to check out, a little bit of noise from the rear brakes I want to investigate and now after the pucker moment today I am going to go back under it and put my hand on every bolt I can think of. Its a little early to change/check the trans fluid but since I am down there I am going to do that as well. driving is fun, till you pucker(you can quote me on that).
Been there, done similar when I brought the ass end around trying to go around a car on a 2-lane off ramp. Shock. Pucker. And a nano second of Twilight Zone! Won’t be doing that again…

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
that is funny just the other day I was wondering if I painted the inside of my spokes black what it would look like? I am considering some plastidip to test.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online