What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
I drove my car on the highway today for the first time in years. 100 miles round trip. No coolant issues, knock on wood. Three observations: it’s loud, it’s slow as hell, it can’t handle for $#!+!

MyBoxersSayJoe

Reaction score
It’s the loudest of my three, unless I’m going over 5k Rpm in the one car because it has test pipes. SCREAMS at 9k RPM. But can’t do that on local roads. The mustang’s fun cruising around local roads. Definitely get comments from the neighbors sometimes. “You we’re out late last night!”

As for speed and handling, the car’s only worth maybe $5k if I’m lucky, I have trouble justifying spending money on it. If something breaks or needs replacing, sure, I’ll upgrade.

Daryl

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. I called and confirmed with the shop that they’ll take pictures as the MM rear suspension install progresses (need them, for me and for The Forum!);
2. Changed rear gear oil on the Ram 1500 (162k), oil looked good , no flakes etc;
3. Picking up 21mm stubby wrench and socket this morning to change rear shocks on Ram. It’s A LOT more involved and tedious than 4 bolts :-(

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Cleaned out my engine bay also painted the bay
I am ready to start dropping the engine in
I'll start early if there is no wind
The weather asshole says 30mph
Well see
I m ready

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
What i almost did today...
Seems CJponyparts is the only of the bigger suppliers that ship here to Europe, AM and LMR do not.
Wanted new mats, bullit pedals and some badges to tidy up the car a bit.
Put them in the cart, about $200 so thought it to be reasonable. Then calculated shipping, $165, WOW. When the parcel arrives to Sweden i would have to pay taxes and customs on both the value of the goods and shipping, so the final price would more than double the original cost! Deleted the stuff from the cart.
Summit also ships here and have more reasonable shipping cost but they only ship international from Ohio and did not have the stuff available there and could not ship from their other premises even when i mailed them and asked. Not easy!
I can't help but think that it would be much cheaper than that if everything was boxed up as small as possible. If you get an idea of how big the box is and its weight we could check to see what it would cost to ship from my place to you. I have the time.

TRS666

Reaction score
I can't help but think that it would be much cheaper than that if everything was boxed up as small as possible. If you get an idea of how big the box is and its weight we could check to see what it would cost to ship from my place to you. I have the time.
Thanks for the offer. Now i managed to find the mats from a firm in Germany and the Bullit pedals actually in Sweden, more expensive than from US but lots cheaper in the end with shipping, customs & taxes counted in. After summer vacation i am planning to order LCA:s, UCA:s and clutch stuff from MM and then i would really appreciate if we could check how this could work. Thanks.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Dang, John, that’s real purdy! Ain’t she a beaut! I can’t quite see the shoehorn you must’ve used to get that motor in…must be off screen
Its not bad
These cars have these motors just not 95 94
The fit is good

You want to see tight put a 460 in one of these
With full headers

Reaction score
I put Dbl Adj Vikings on the rear and switched up from my street upper and lower control arms to my drag control arms. Mounted my ET street Rs and finally changed the front Coilover springs along with the TBM drag rotors and calipers. Shooting for a personal best this coming weekend.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online