What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

Snorky

Reaction score
It looks cool though lol.
Lol thanks. I would say the only other aftermarket intake I would consider other than this, is the tfs track heat... nice runner length, stock position throttle body, or as an option the bullit cobra dual throttle body. And it fits under the stock hood. The Victor JR is good but it's all wildly top end and the runners aren't all the same length. So it has it's drawbacks.

Snorky

Reaction score
I need a new set of manifold gauges.

The car is looking good. And I think it’s smart to keep ac. I don’t get why everyone goes full racecar and rips out the ac on street cars even if it’s working.

Thank you!! These are the harbor freight ones with the lower dollar pittsburg vacuum pump.. and they work great! Worth every penny. Now replaced the AC on 2 vehicles.

Did a year without the AC here in jersey and forget about it. It's been 95° with 50% humidity.. dont have a clue how those guys in texas and Louisiana do it.

I need to tune the car, adjust the passenger side clunking,which is either panhard bar noise or its a front strut/ ball joint/cc plate gone bad. The struts on the car are 8 years old with some 65k on them.

Snorky

Reaction score
These are PI MHS stage 2 port job +1mm manley ss single groove valves. Bronze taper tip valve guides. Cannot remember how many lb springs. Jordan spec'dd me some mild turbo cams. .224/.224 duration, cannot remember the lsa / lift off the top of my head. Lift is at least .545". Have them timed advanced at 108°-110° Seem to work great so far.

If I did it again though I would get trickflows for the elimination of the plug boss, different valve location with better valve angles. Significantly reduces risk of predet,, plus replaceable cam towers are nice. The cons are powder metal valve guides with questionable valves from trick flow.

Snorky

Reaction score
Can not do much
It is hot hear and really humid
Hopefully by next week I should be able to work out in the shop
I definitely want to get the 05 put together
And get my 98 taken care of
What is the overall goal list for the 05? Those things are great platforms and the 3v is highly underrated

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
getting it back into shape , and updating the looks on it , i do plan on keeping it
for the car cruses , poker runs , some of the events we have around here
the car is in good shape overall, just need to defuck everything the owner did
mostly updating , it will be a good fun project

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
keep in mind i have hade older mustangs in the past , but the SN are by far the best to me
i have had up to 8 SNs at one time or another ,
so this 05 is different and new to me , i Relly don't know to much about them , it will take me some time to figure it out , just trying something different

joe65

Reaction score
These are PI MHS stage 2 port job +1mm manley ss single groove valves. Bronze taper tip valve guides. Cannot remember how many lb springs. Jordan spec'dd me some mild turbo cams. .224/.224 duration, cannot remember the lsa / lift off the top of my head. Lift is at least .545". Have them timed advanced at 108°-110° Seem to work great so far.

If I did it again though I would get trickflows for the elimination of the plug boss, different valve location with better valve angles. Significantly reduces risk of predet,, plus replaceable cam towers are nice. The cons are powder metal valve guides with questionable valves from trick flow.
Didn't mean to ask a redundant question. But sounds like a good set up. If Trick Flow would make those heads a bit more a ffordable man they would be on every 4.6 2v around. I'd really like some also but every time someone posts the 38cc version online they sell right away. the new price on those is $1300 each now and for that you can find 4v heads and do the swap for less. But 32 valves, 32 rockers, 32 lifters....4 cams...it adds up fast. Its a lot of shit.

Snorky

Reaction score
Didn't mean to ask a redundant question. But sounds like a good set up. If Trick Flow would make those heads a bit more a ffordable man they would be on every 4.6 2v around. I'd really like some also but every time someone posts the 38cc version online they sell right away. the new price on those is $1300 each now and for that you can find 4v heads and do the swap for less. But 32 valves, 32 rockers, 32 lifters....4 cams...it adds up fast. Its a lot of shit.
No redundancy to it, so now worries. I am here because I enjoy talking tech and cannot stand Facebook. Ahh the 2v trickflow vs 4v debate. So.. the 4v pill is hard to swallow. Was just shopping around for some to entertain the idea of a 4v motor. Problem is to really use the flow potential of the heads you need cams. Found used C heads for $275, a timing cover for $150, valve covers for $200, c intake for $350. And those are good prices. Timing sets are expensive like $350 or more, and aftermarket cams and springs are like $1400 if you get some guy abandoning his build. Brand new in box per say with springs. If not it's like 1600 or more.
So let's say to get into it you're now at 2700ish.. and that's if the heads are even good.. which odds are they need to be sent to the machine shop. Insert mind bending value here .t hen add whatever coils the 4v uses, etc.

So.. yeah.. just an avalanche. I see why people are crazy for tfs. Sorry for the wild rant which you probably already priced out several times, lol

Snorky

Reaction score
^ That’s why I opted for a Coyote. Then spent my way to oblivion to have reliable and repeatable power :oops:
Yeah... this whole car thing is expensive. Are you in love with the coyote?. They look like a fun project. Dare I ask what the definition of spending to oblivion is? My gut tells me from 5-20k depending how lucky, thorough and clean of a build it is. I'm trying to prepare my mind for ditching the turbo setup if it fails again. Go back to a blower and be done with it. Live in 500whp ville and be happy and reliable.

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Yeah... this whole car thing is expensive. Are you in love with the coyote?. They look like a fun project. Dare I ask what the definition of spending to oblivion is? My gut tells me from 5-20k depending how lucky, thorough and clean of a build it is. I'm trying to prepare my mind for ditching the turbo setup if it fails again. Go back to a blower and be done with it. Live in 500whp ville and be happy and reliable.

I’d do it again in a heartbeat. I’m around $17k, all things considered. I haven’t necessarily cut many corners but I also haven’t done many unnecessary things. It would likely benefit from custom cams but I opted for L&M intake only parts that aren’t choppy. It can feel a little sluggish below 1,500 rpm’s on very hot days but shit! I don’t blame it!! The wide ratio T56 with 4.10’s keeps it eager and it’s a riot to drive.

To put it into perspective, I estimate my power level to be around 440-450 and it’s still the “safe tune”. It’s a mid-11 second car, as is. I’m anticipating it to be around 460 whp when it’s dialed in but not hung up on numbers.

Snorky

Reaction score
I’d do it again in a heartbeat. I’m around $17k, all things considered. I haven’t necessarily cut many corners but I also haven’t done many unnecessary things. It would likely benefit from custom cams but I opted for L&M intake only parts that aren’t choppy. It can feel a little sluggish below 1,500 rpm’s on very hot days but shit! I don’t blame it!! The wide ratio T56 with 4.10’s keeps it eager and it’s a riot to drive.

To put it into perspective, I estimate my power level to be around 440-450 and it’s still the “safe tune”. It’s a mid-11 second car, as is. I’m anticipating it to be around 460 whp when it’s dialed in but not hung up on numbers.
Numbers definitely aren't everything, any plans to go back into the engine to swap cam grinds down the road? Mid 400s is solid! Bet that thing feels wild!

Snorky

Reaction score
Same here, I'm just after a fun going road car. No need to shatter any records and spend myself into the moon in the process.
Sounds like you have a good goal with that. I was in my late 20s. Single doing lots of highway pulls. Decided to do a built motor and turbo and then pretty much never got to drive it to date. Just kept having problems and the project was never ever finished. Here I am mid 30's married with a daughter and I am like. Why did I make this clown car that I barely got to enjoy over the last 7 years? Definitely makes ypu scratch your head. Had I done it over I would have just put a large centri on it and it would have been finished.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online