What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Sounds like you have a good goal with that. I was in my late 20s. Single doing lots of highway pulls. Decided to do a built motor and turbo and then pretty much never got to drive it to date. Just kept having problems and the project was never ever finished. Here I am mid 30's married with a daughter and I am like. Why did I make this clown car that I barely got to enjoy over the last 7 years? Definitely makes ypu scratch your head. Had I done it over I would have just put a large centri on it and it would have been finished.
Really it comes from an investment standpoint. But not in the way most people think as I'll never EVER sell this car. By investment I mean all the time, sweat, money, and sometimes blood from my knuckles that I've put in over the years. To think that it could all be taken away from me in an instant because some moon-boosted Honda held together by hopes, dreams, and duct tape dumped all its oil on-track and I'm right in the firing line... and probably on a high-speed sweeper curve. Then... poof. All gone.

Nope, not me. This is a fair-weather fun car for the weekends or maybe dailying if the local conditions aren't crazy with crazy drivers.

Snorky

Reaction score
Really it comes from an investment standpoint. But not in the way most people think as I'll never EVER sell this car. By investment I mean all the time, sweat, money, and sometimes blood from my knuckles that I've put in over the years. To think that it could all be taken away from me in an instant because some moon-boosted Honda held together by hopes, dreams, and duct tape dumped all its oil on-track and I'm right in the firing line... and probably on a high-speed sweeper curve. Then... poof. All gone.

Nope, not me. This is a fair-weather fun car for the weekends or maybe dailying if the local conditions aren't crazy with crazy drivers.
That is wisdom right there!

weendoggy

Reaction score
Got my Cervini's heat extractor hood on and now it's off to my buddy's body shop for him to make it pretty, because I can't!
Only had to do a bit of filing to make the hood bolts to fit and smooth out the hood latch. Otherwise a very nice fit! I actually like it better than the hood "fake" scoop.

hood1.JPG

hood2.JPG

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
getting some quotes to paint the bumper covers hood wing front spoiler
the hood will be 2 tone red on hood
around the openings down to the bottom of hood jet black

joemomma

Reaction score
Drove it to work without issue lol. Might give it a good detailing this weekend. It hasn't had a proper waxing/sealing since I got it painted.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I actually did some work on her today. I got it to the point that I was ready to run the wiring and I know there will be some issues to work through after that is done and I have been successfully avoiding that for too long now. I had to make a new gasket for the wiring to go through as the old one melted a little bit, I am just waiting for the glue on it to dry and then I can snake the harness through it and then hopefully get the wiring in place before I start cursing too hard.

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Fitted the exhaust tip again as the other one fell off....

IMG_20220813_170132732_HDR.jpg

This one is more securely attached so hopefully ain't going anywhere....

Not that the other one wasn't, this just has an extra level.

TMW

tmwsccsh

Reaction score
Cleaning out the trunk
Sum sticky shit in the trunk
These guys must be soda drinkers
Pepsi everywhere
One thing I hate is sticky sodas in the car
Hate that shit
I don't allow food or drink in any of the cars - just water.

Causes many an argument but tough. Seen too much urgh in carpets and mats and on seats over the years so no no no.

You wanna eat while traveling, take the train...

TMW

badass98svt

Reaction score
Cleaning out the trunk
Sum sticky shit in the trunk
These guys must be soda drinkers
Pepsi everywhere
One thing I hate is sticky sodas in the car
Hate that shit

One winter, my ex left a 12 pack of Pepsi cans in the trunk of her car overnight. I bet you know where this is going. A few of the cans burst when they froze, and then leaked everywhere when the Pepsi thawed out

I'm sure that's not your case though John, given the climate you're in.
P.S. text me pics of the progress on the S197

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Two days in a row I worked on it. I started the ecu wire harness through the firewall but I will need a little help to pull on one side while I feed from the other. It isn't much but its the first part of the job I have been avoiding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online