What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

95GTS5L

Reaction score
Just pulled it off, luckely no glue just cleaned the glass. I left the rear side windows and rear window tint intact just removed all the outer stickers. Before and after in the pics previous post(s).

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Hooked up the rest of my wire harness
And having to modify the cold air intake
Filter box
Also make it fit with a oil catch can on it
Just pre fitting before final mount

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Diff cooling system complete. Primed with the finest gear lube (CenPeCo 80w90) and with a little extra because of the gravity-feed reservoir capacity I actually did a volumetric measurement to include the total length of the heardlines and softlines, the internal volume of the heat exchangers, and of course the reservoir and differential housing. Total system capacity is 4 liters!

And check this vid out...

CenPeCo gear lube
That video makes me want to swap right now. Have there been any power comparison videos done? I wonder if drag is increase with the oil holding on like that. How’s it do with our trac-lok clutches?

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
That video makes me want to swap right now. Have there been any power comparison videos done? I wonder if drag is increase with the oil holding on like that. How’s it do with our trac-lok clutches?
I wouldn't recommend using this kind of gear oil with clutched diffs like the OEM. You might be able to chance it with the friction modifier but, ehhhh.

I'm running a worm-gear clutch (Torsen T2R). But if a call to CenPeCo has them telling you it's okay to run in a clutched diff then go for it.

Not sure I've ever seen power output vids concerning gear lubes like this.

The CenPeCo high torque gear lube was designed as a next-gen "high pressure" gear lube and they normally market towards tractors and heavy rigs where severe conditions exist. Me... I'm planning on ripping up and down the German autobahn for extended periods of time so not only is all this stuff desireable for the car but probably necessary. And let's not forget the twisty, mountain roads all throughout Europe that I plan to smash as well.

There may be slight drag increase but it's a worthy tradeoff IMO. I've been running this gear lube ever since I did the first IRS swap in 2016. The diff is solidly mounted to the subframe and so I should be able to hear it through the cabin but I can't. It's quiet as a church mouse. I wish I had four hands so I could give the gear lube twice as many thumbs up.

95opal

Reaction score
I used to run that speed controller when I ran their A1000 pump a few years ago. Speed controller was good, the pump sucked ass though. Got two replacement pumps for free from them and when the third went out I stopped using their pumps. Just about everything else they make is alright though.
Ran this pump on a 89 fox no issues. Like most parts out their some have success some have issues. Thats an entire subect by itself.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
^^

@lwarrior1016 That’s it. Time for an upgrade.

@cobrajeff96 I have a TrueTrac differential and I’m considering swapping to the CenPeCo. I’m currently running Torco RGO 80x90.
Guy you wanna talk to at CenPeCo if he's still around is Blaine. He arranged everything for me, the sale, shipping, etc. Great dude, easy to work with.

TRS666

Reaction score
Productive day. Fuel tank with new pump back in. Car started W/O problems after priming.
Changed engine oil + filter. Mobil 5W-30 full synthetic. Flushed servo/brake hydraulic system with fresh ATF.
Old fuel pump was completely dead so i guess my problems with lean condition earlier was due to low fuel pressure. Strange though did not get any DTC:s on low fuel rail pressure.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Bled the new hydraulic clutch system, she feels like the real deal. I think tomorrow I will replace all the captured fluids that I drained before I dropped the whole drivetrain, prime everything up, and start er up. Then I get to see if the new clutch system works properly. Boom.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010