What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
still chipping away at it. The fire got just high enough to singe the harness that connects to everything on top of the motor as well as all the auxiliary gauges to I basically get to rewire the entire motor again. This is why I was not all that anxious to do it.

OqjlcaY.jpg
but the nice thing is that now being the 2nd time I have done this I can correct all the little things that bugged be about the first install. The holley labels are ok, but they do not last so I pulled out my handy shrink wrap labeler and got to work. I have been alternating on the top/bottom of the car to limit the damage to my back/body and its also been a little too cold the past couple of days to be out for long but progress is finally being made.
gieWQjD.jpg

Snorky

Reaction score
still chipping away at it. The fire got just high enough to singe the harness that connects to everything on top of the motor as well as all the auxiliary gauges to I basically get to rewire the entire motor again. This is why I was not all that anxious to do it.

View attachment 23476
but the nice thing is that now being the 2nd time I have done this I can correct all the little things that bugged be about the first install. The holley labels are ok, but they do not last so I pulled out my handy shrink wrap labeler and got to work. I have been alternating on the top/bottom of the car to limit the damage to my back/body and its also been a little too cold the past couple of days to be out for long but progress is finally being made.
View attachment 23477
Look at you go with your cute little labels!

joemomma

Reaction score
I'll probably drive my heap tomorrow, the weather is supposed to clear up. It'll be cold (high of 37) so I'll need to be kind of careful until the tires get some heat in them. The Nitto 555G2 are pretty squirrelly in the cold I've learned.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
of course my soldering iron takes a crap right when I am starting this, so a new one should be here shortly. I started on the grounds and got them straightened out and I am working my way up from there to be sure all the wiring is straight/clean prior to starting the soldering. You can make fun of those little labels all ya want but the stickers holley puts on the ends of their harnesses are ok for a while but they do eventually fall off. The heat shrink labels are not falling off although I am curious how long the print will last... While I was waiting for tools/parts I got the intake out and did some cleaning on it but it was too cold out there today to be handling metal for all that long.
Mtl3XJU.jpg

Snorky

Reaction score
of course my soldering iron takes a crap right when I am starting this, so a new one should be here shortly. I started on the grounds and got them straightened out and I am working my way up from there to be sure all the wiring is straight/clean prior to starting the soldering. You can make fun of those little labels all ya want but the stickers holley puts on the ends of their harnesses are ok for a while but they do eventually fall off. The heat shrink labels are not falling off although I am curious how long the print will last... While I was waiting for tools/parts I got the intake out and did some cleaning on it but it was too cold out there today to be handling metal for all that long.
View attachment 23508
It was a comment of endearment

weendoggy

Reaction score
No actual work, but I did get around to making a "CRS" driver manual for my swapped '02. Putting things in I don't have to go look for and keep it in the car. Simple but effective.
Now that I know what to do, I'm going to make it more user friendly. I need one for my Cobra. :cool:

Attachments

• Driver Manual 5x7.pdf
    203.6 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txnszn

Members online