What Did You Do To Your Car Today?

optionizerSS

Reaction score
A few more updates later but basically installed 65mm BBK TB and BBK CAI. Did a few other things and found a few things but have to leave for bowling league in a few so will update more later.
Oh...car definitely has more mid range now at around 2500 RPM. No noticeable change off idle or at the top of the power range but definitely feels better mid range

optionizerSS

Reaction score
So there is an X shaped x-member under the engine of 1 x 1 square tubing. There are 4 bolts under the engine that attach it to the crossmember. All 4 of those bolts were loose. Seems like that clunk I mentioed when I first got it went away now

joemomma

Reaction score
Not today but last night on the way home in Mexico:
just turned on the 4-lane divided highway off the interstate, headed home. Notice a black car coming up behind me in the hammer lane pretty quickly. I said, that ain't no cop (I wasn't doing anything sketchy anyway). Pulls up beside me, revs and starts goosing it. It's an AMG Mercedes sedan of some sort, V8, and it's loud AF. We play around a bit, get out of traffic, and finally get side by side. Slow down and get a 45-roll (from my guess since no speedo). I was at the mid-to-top of 3rd, got a good hit on his 3rd honk. Wind out 3rd and by that time he was leaving me. Got thoroughly waxed. I couldn't get a model, but from my research looks like it was somewhere north of 500hp in a fairly heavy car. That said, I need mo' HP. Time to find some stacks to drop lol.

joe65

Reaction score
Looks like i will be rebuilding a 4.0 engine for another person
For there mustang
And the car needs some work as well
Will send in those pics as I go
See how we do
We ended up picking up a sohc 4.0 explorer to replace the ranger we had.

Mine is in for sub frame connector welding and a clutch replacement. Decided without a lift I just don't want to be under the car on the ground anymore.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
We ended up picking up a sohc 4.0 explorer to replace the ranger we had.

Mine is in for sub frame connector welding and a clutch replacement. Decided without a lift I just don't want to be under the car on the ground anymore.
This would be the 4th 4.0 that I am building
And it is always the timing chains and sprockets that fail
Just helping out some people

badass98svt

Reaction score
Had the day off, so I installed my new GDM trunk mat.
Looks great and super easy install. Please ignore all the pollen on the car.

I'll take some better pics after I get a chance to wash it. Hahaha

PXL_20230609_160130937.jpg

PXL_20230609_160126839.jpg

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Fixed the slop in the rear suspension. Was a combination of a shim needed on the passenger rear lower control arm, as well as an incorrectly sized ID on a shim for the inner tie rod spacer stack (bumpsteer). Thing points down the road like a laser now. Yipeee!

Unfortunately, something went wrong in the power steering system and now I have to investigate that tomorrow.

GTamas

Reaction score
Replaced the driver side fog light.
20230610_001324.jpg20230610_001313.jpg

While I was at it, I wanted to replace the halogen bulbs to LEDs... It seems I came across some poor quality ones...
20230610_001637.jpg
Can you recommend some good LED direct fit bulbs? I'd like to use them more as DRLs, not so much as fog lights.

cobrajeff96

Reaction score
Wasn't able to snap pics yet, but my power steering system has begun surgery. Found that the pump lost its front seal right behind the pulley, it was steady dribbling bright red fluid. Swapped in the spare pump and I think I'll be redesigning some of the lines too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online