What do i need?

ALITL8

Reaction score
im going to be getting a set of PI heads with cams. the heads are damaged, i just dont know how bad yet. anyway, if i cant fix/use the heads, im thinking of just throwing in the cams till i find some good heads. okay, that said, what do i need for swapping the cams... do i "need" to replace anything while im there?

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
i have a PI intake but im not doing the intake swap if i cant do the heads. talked to my mechanic last night and he said i should just save my money and do it right the first time. so i guess i'll see whats up with these heads and go from there :dunno:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
you can always have a port job while the heads are being fixed :dancing6:

yea, my mechanic is trying to talk me into porting and some comp cams... we'll see. its an aweful lot of money to spend on a motor with 165K on it. im getting a motor from a 98 parts car we just pitched in on so im going to rebuild it to go in the car. in the meantime though, it would be nice to pull a few more ponies out of this one. i think with just the basic PI swap i should be around 250-260 hp... im at 217 on a 91 octane tune now :dunno:

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
yea you could count on another 40 or more hp with the pi stuff

40+ HP would thrill the shit outta me!!!

OP
OP
A

ALITL8

Reaction score
my mechanic is now telling me with all the miles on the car i might as well wait for a complete rebuild. good thing im getting a spare motor this weekend ;D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online

No members online now.