What do you guys think this 03 COBRA is worth?

9838stang

Reaction score
The guy wants $13,999 for an oxford white 2003 Ford Cobra. Charcoal Grey withy grey suede seats. looks like shelby gt bullitts or 05-09 bullitts painted black. Has front end damage and mileage unknown. Guy hit a deer with the car and the driver side fender is messed up along with the bumper and hood. headlight is gone and so is the 3/4 of the bumper.

Uknown mileage, light/to medium front end damage. (Unknown how extensive right now) Some how indash screen was smashed and missing the driver side interior a piller molding.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/dak/cto/4826241702.html

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
That is all that looks wrong from the exterior, havent seen the car in person.

The interior he rates a 5...

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Honestly, the abused ones around me seem to be about that price, the nice ones are 20k+. Just have to see what all it needs

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I wouldn't pay more than 9K for that car. You already have to replace the hood, fender, bumper, headlights, and possibly fogs. Don't forget the cost of paint. The double din looks broken as all hell and he rates the interior at a 5. Muffler delete is another way of saying he cheaped out on exhaust. Bullit wheels on a cobra is just a facepalm. Honestly even if that car was $5k I still wouldn't buy it because it seriously looks like a piece of crap that the owner didn't take care of.

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay more than 9K for that car. You already have to replace the hood, fender, bumper, headlights, and possibly fogs. Don't forget the cost of paint. The double din looks broken as all hell and he rates the interior at a 5. Muffler delete is another way of saying he cheaped out on exhaust. Bullit wheels on a cobra is just a facepalm. Honestly even if that car was $5k I still wouldn't buy it because it seriously looks like a piece of crap that the owner didn't take care of.

He still owes on the car aswell. the title status says lien according to the cl add. I sent him an email on trading car plus cash on my end. I would be keeping the seats and the fr500s. and put his bullitts on it lol... idk yet. We will see what he says lol. I have maybe a 1% chance he will answer back haha.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I'd stay away. Sounds like el cheapo owns it, and probably cheaped out on maintenance too. I'd pay 9k. Look at all the body panels that need fixing/replacing, plus paint, plus interior stuff, God knows what else

GTfiveoh

Reaction score
I'd stay away from this one..I know it's tempting because its a terminator but I bought a stock one minus the exhaust with 59k miles for 16k. If you're serious about buying one then look around for the right one. I'm from Des moines and traveled to Chicago for it. You should be willing to travel for it. This one looks like it been abused.

chris91

Reaction score
Mine was hit in the same spot and didnt do half the damage you see and it ended up being $2300 worth of damage. I see this being upwards of $3500 worth of damage. Id say $10k, I've seen rebuilt titled ones going for more.

Sinned83

Reaction score
No more than 10k. The beat interior is enough to keep me away.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I'd like to save the car, but no way I'd pay more than 10k. I bet he owes more than that.

myk

Reaction score
Maybe I'm old school, paranoid or both, but a broken car is a worthless car IMO. I'd gladly pay the premium for a running, driving, intact car than something that needs to be restored. Who knows what else is wrong with that thing...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If you can get it cheap say 8-10k then it is worth it IMO because of the low miles if the damage is only cosmetic.

There are so many 99-04's out there that you can find and change broken interior parts easily and I see these cars parted out everywhere if you want OEM body parts.

As long as the big $$$$ pieces are in good working order I would not be afraid to pull the trigger ie: engine/trans/irs.

Clean title?

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I would not pay his price under 10k for sure! Best thing to do is if your into that car bring a someone from a body shop who you have a good friend relationship with to give you general idea what your going to be spending. The miles on the clock are worth it for a car that is almost 10-11 years old now, but that doesn't mean you have to pay out the butt for it. I would also do a compression test on these engines too because I heard horror stories of people putting everything back to stock with hurt motor selling it to the unsuspecting buyer. Another thing is how the heck you damage a double din screen like that? Did he punch it?

OP
OP
9838stang

9838stang

Reaction score
Mine was hit in the same spot and didnt do half the damage you see and it ended up being $2300 worth of damage. I see this being upwards of $3500 worth of damage. Id say $10k, I've seen rebuilt titled ones going for more.

If i were to get it, I would probably put on a different hood, People want 400-500 for a cracked 03-04 hood. Not sure on the hood i would choose. But the other items, front bumper, headlights, header panel, and fender shouldnt be to hard to get. The other thing i am afraid of, how far back the fender was pushed, and how much of the intercooler and other items underneath the front bumper were wrecked.

But if i could get the panels installed and nothing else was messed up, I would just end up plasti-dipping the car like metallic blue...
What are your getting it for? If you want a project that sounds like one lol

We always need a project to work on lol.
I'd like to save the car, but no way I'd pay more than 10k. I bet he owes more than that.

If you can get it cheap say 8-10k then it is worth it IMO because of the low miles if the damage is only cosmetic.

There are so many 99-04's out there that you can find and change broken interior parts easily and I see these cars parted out everywhere if you want OEM body parts.

As long as the big $$$$ pieces are in good working order I would not be afraid to pull the trigger ie: engine/trans/irs.

Clean title?

The ad says it has a lien on it, so im guessing that it does.

I would not pay his price under 10k for sure! Best thing to do is if your into that car bring a someone from a body shop who you have a good friend relationship with to give you general idea what your going to be spending. The miles on the clock are worth it for a car that is almost 10-11 years old now, but that doesn't mean you have to pay out the butt for it. I would also do a compression test on these engines too because I heard horror stories of people putting everything back to stock with hurt motor selling it to the unsuspecting buyer. Another thing is how the heck you damage a double din screen like that? Did he punch it?

Well i would offer him 8k max on the car. There are interior pieces missing on the car as well as a damaged stereo. He hasnt responded to my email so i think it may just be a ruse... Who know.

It was just a dream..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online

No members online now.