What do you guys think.....

Downshift

Reaction score
Ok so lately my car has been running pretty crappy at idle. For example, sometimes it tries or actually does stall and I can smell gas really bad when it does this maybe because I have no cats. And when I get on the gas pretty good from around 4k+ I have some pretty bad knock. Now I have been noticing a slight stumble like a misfire or seomthing right at 1800 or so RPMS in any gear, not all the time but 50% maybe. I have had the car 5 or so months and When I bought it I replaced the plugs/cap and rotor/ plug wires. What do you guys think it could be? Just running to rich down low and lean up top? What usually causes a stumble or misfire type thing under accelaration? Thanks in advance.

G

GREG@SN95

its running rich

check yer spark plugs and see if they are fouled up... then post up whether they are or are not

yellowgt

Reaction score
Sounds to me like it could be a timing issue.

My car use to do the same thing until I realized the timing was set at 22*

G

GREG@SN95

Eastcoast5.0 said:
That wouldn't explain the knock though.
it might...

if the plugs are fouled up... then i could take a good guess that your timings is messed up

OP
OP
D

Downshift

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
check the timing

Ill go out and check the plugs in a little bit. As for the timing, I dont know how first off :lame: i know i know. And I had my friend do it a couple months ago and he said he couldnt get a good read of it and the lines were to hard to see. Maybe Ill go borrow another friends timing light and give it a shot. How do you check the timing? Thanks guys Ill go look at the plugs.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online