what do you think about dumps?

E

explicit95gt

what does everyone think about dumps.. do you like em.. if you dont, why dont you, would you recommend someone to getting them? this is kind of an unsolved mystery to me.. what do you's think?

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
I ran them on my 91 for a short time, its just too noisey and the smell from the off road h pipe and the fumes comeing in the car was just toooo much. Went to a mac cat back and was much happier. For a race car they are fine but for a street car..........full exhaust

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
on our cars, i dont think tails look like they fit. i have dumps now, i love em. little bit louder. but much cleaner.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
I say full exhaust as well. Dumps are cool for about a few miles, then they start to get annoying. Especially if you want to have a conversation in your car.

97WhitePony

Reaction score
95CALI-5.0 said:
I say full exhaust as well. Dumps are cool for about a few miles, then they start to get annoying. Especially if you want to have a conversation in your car.

AMEN to that... you get a female in the car, and you will NEVER hear a thing... i got rid of mine as soon as i had the money

94yellowgt

Reaction score
97WhitePony said:
AMEN to that... you get a female in the car, and you will NEVER hear a thing...
That might not be a bad thing sometimes lol.
I have dumps and love them. I have a off-road pipe also, but I never smell fumes unless the windows are down and even then its not bad. I think it makes it sound meaner, especially with a cam in it. It is louder, but not unbearable. When I still had stock gears, the flowmasters did drone some about 70 mph, but now that I have 4.10's, it is not loud at all at 70 mph. My Dakota with full exhaust and cats is louder at 70 mph than the Stang.

fawcett

Reaction score
I like em but thats only if you are going for a sleeper look. If you arent going that direction get some 2 1/2 in piping and be done with it. I hate seeing our cars with tail pipes that angle down. It just looks like crap especially if the tips are bigger than 3inches wide. Pipes done right flow along the cars natural lines to their tips. They need to lay on the same plane when looked at from the back. Mine were installed just short of my rear bumper, atfirst I didnt like it but I found out why the mechanic did that, I was leaving from a really tall hill one daythe damn car stalled and I wacked the front bumper of a car behind me. If the tips stuck out they would be bent and all offset and look like crap. The bumpers took the impact and I got away without any damage.

There are lots of ways to go when it comes to an exhaust system, give us a video when you find your direction.
-fawcett

wytstang

Reaction score
I drove in a 94 with dumps and it was horrible he even had a massive vibration due to the dumps reverberating through the car (at low RPM's and flowmasters)

94cobra

Reaction score
my set up is bbk long tubes, h pipe and borla mufflers w/ turn downs and I couldn't be happier. The sound at idle resembles a big block and there is no drown at cruising speed, it is not to loud at all until you mash it to the floor!
It's all in the mufflers you choose w/ dumps! I used to have shorties w/ off road h and flowmasters and tail pipes and hated it. :mad: The drown was horrible at cruising speed and it sounded like everybody elses 5.0. I get compliments all the time about how good it sounds w/ the long tubes and borlas. I researched quite a bit before I did the turn downs and found the borlas were one of the quietest at idle and 2000 rpm so I went for it and i'm very happy :thumb:

97GTS

Reaction score
i ran dumps for a couple years and i loved the sound and the overall cleaner look. but on long road trips (4-5hrs) it got pretty annoying and my gf was getting pretty sick of the noise :hammer:

SaleenStang94

Reaction score
i currently am running dumps and i like it. its loud, shakes the ground and looks good. arent mustang sopposed to be loud?

97vertstang

Reaction score
i had dumps on my car with 40 series flos and stock h pipe and it sounded pretty good!!! now i am running 1 chamber flos, and thought maybe dumps maybe too loud so i went back to tailpipes.

jimgt95

Reaction score
I vote for a full exhaust. Dumps sound good at a drag strip but if you just drive your car around, they will get old, quick. I got tired of the Dronemaster American Thunder cat back during highway trips. Go Bassani!!! (Now that I read what I wrote, maybe I'm the one getting old!!! :rollinglaugh:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.