What do you think about SLP Exhaust

firestuds1

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting the side exhaust for my cobra and was wondering if and x-pipe and SLP resonators would still fit on my car?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My friend put them on his O1 - awsome quality and awsome sound.

Steve-Oh

Legend
Reaction score
Side exhaust ROCKS!!!
rockon.gif

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im putting the SLP loudmouth on my Cobra this summer, not side exhaust though

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:

With side exhaust you lose hella tq then what you coulda had....and to me SLP should stay on camaros and trans am...there loud as hell but dont really sound like a mustang

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
Snakebit said:

With side exhaust you lose hella tq then what you coulda had....and to me SLP should stay on camaros and trans am...there loud as hell but dont really sound like a mustang

I like all the sound clips of them I've heard, and with all the positive feed back I've seen that is what made me go with it. I hope to have mine by July or so.

Z28 This

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Z28 This said:
Snakebit said:

I like all the sound clips of them I've heard, and with all the positive feed back I've seen that is what made me go with it. I hope to have mine by July or so.

you ever heard one in person tho? lol

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
no, but I feel I can trust what has to be OVER 50% of stang owners that do have it and love it. Even if I dont I can always sell it and try something else 8)

94gtstang50

Reaction score
I heard one on a 01 transam and it was nasty as hell in a very good way.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
94GtStAnG5o said:
I heard one on a 01 transam and it was nasty as hell in a very good way.

from all the feedback I have seen on it, people either love it or hate it and like I said from visiting other forums at least half the stangs on them have the SLP exhaust in either the LM1 or LM2 package. With the catted x pipe I'm thinking of going with the 1's because they are suppose to be a little more vocal than the 2's and with my X pipe with the cats I want to be sure to have a nice aggressive tone coming from my rear. We will see how it goes soon..........I hope ::)

venoNOS

Reaction score
Its ok, I just think it sounds like someone banging a metal trash can. Dont get me wrong. Its your choice, Im sure others think my Flowmasters sound like $%#@. I think its to poppy and crackly for Stangs. Stangs sound better with a deep aggressive sound like from Flowmaster,Magnaflows,Bassani,etc. Its all in ones taste. Its your money,Your Stang,Run open headers if you want. No matter what Im sure it will be bad ass. Just cuz its a Stang. :thumb:

97WhitePony

Reaction score
Ive only heard one style of side exhast that i like... and its on the cobra R... everything else sounds like crap... had a GT in town that had the SVO exhaust and it was awful sounding... sounded like it was stock as a rock... they look awesome, but sound like a pile of POO

milktasd

Reaction score
I went from:
flowmaster Delta 40s- WWWWAAAAAYYYYYY too quiet
Bassani Quiet thunder - Horrible build quality :nonono: Rubbed on everything.
SLP LM 1 - I love this exhaust. Sounds great. It is LOUD even with a catted Xpipe, if you have an O/R pipe I would think twice just because of the harrassment from the cops. Build quality is spectacular!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will try and get some footage up of my exhaust setup.

Z28 This

Reaction score
venoNOS said:
Its ok, I just think it sounds like someone banging a metal trash can. Dont get me wrong. Its your choice, Im sure others think my Flowmasters sound like $%#@. I think its to poppy and crackly for Stangs. Stangs sound better with a deep aggressive sound like from Flowmaster,Magnaflows,Bassani,etc. Its all in ones taste. Its your money,Your Stang,Run open headers if you want. No matter what Im sure it will be bad ass. Just cuz its a Stang. :thumb:

i agree....and yes flowmasters have way 2 much drone i had them on my old car but still sound badass hey there flows lol....but my fav is MAC catback or magnaflows not that much drone and sounds wicked on WOT and idle...

95whitevenom

Reaction score
Ok I have the first gen. of SLP catbacks and have had it since they first came out.
I can wake you from a medical enduced coma with my car and that is with a (quiet) pro-chamber and stock headers.
The exhaust is loud and will frighten small children and women.
At WOT the car sounds better than any car I have ever owned or drove.
I feel like I got my monies worth!

ylw95gts

Reaction score
SLP on my car and I loved the sound with my stock headers and stock catted mid pipe. Now I have BBK unequal shorties and a bassani catted x on the car and can't wait to start her up!

97vertstang

Reaction score
u guys have to remember that 5.0, 4.6 sohc and 4.6 dohc all sound diffrent. what works on one doesnt mean is gonna sound the same on the other.i love o/r h , 40 sries flos on sohc and 5.0. on dohc i love borla, magnaflos with an x pipe.

WyoTechMSA

Reaction score
Yea I have SLP on my car with a catted H and everyone loves the sound of my car. Its so loud and vicous sounding. It still has the distinct sound of a 4.6 but when you wind it out it is impossible for people not to pay attention. Its truely wicked.

AZROUSH

Reaction score
The SLP 'x' pipe, no cat system on my 01' Roush is really loud, coupled with the high lift cams, she really screams above 3500. If you want it not so loud, keep the CATS. Best quality I've seen, perfect fit with the Bassani mid-length headers, and the Roush side exit exhaust...never hits anything.

wopony98

Reaction score
Got a 98 Cobra with Bassanni Mid-Length and Magnaflow X with High Flow Cats out the 1st GEN SLP Cat Back. LOVE IT! The sound is defening and I can wake my neighborhood. The sound changes with the addition of the Headers and Throttle body. I noticed a deeper tone with these adds. I love the sound. If you want to get noticed put it on. The quality is outstanding and the install was easy.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online