What Does My Solid Rear Axle Look Like?

wmfateam

Reaction score
Decided to take video of my rear end before I swap to coilovers and spherical ended control arms. Currently running (REAR) stock shocks, Eibach ProKit, GT sway bar, Steeda (Addco) Adjustable sway bar, Maximum Motor Sports Heavy Duty Lower Rear Control Arms, stock upper control arms and bushings and Toyo R888. Front setup, Stock struts, Eibach ProKit, stock Cobra front sway bar with poly bushings, Steeda G-Trac Brace, Maximum Motors Camber Plates.These are two runs that I put together. First run is the first run of the day trying to get heat in the tires. Second was my fastest run of the day. [video=youtube;dAblFoLA4Ns]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAblFoLA4Ns[/video]
[video=youtube;Zidp9LgcW58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zidp9LgcW58&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Win

Legend
Reaction score
Once you get something other then the stock shocks in the rear. I think you'll have a better feel. It looks pretty good though. There is always room for stiffening but all in all not bad.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Yesh. Initial turn in is always fun, then once it is just relying on the springs, it starts to rotate through the corner.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Handz

Reaction score
How did you mount the go pro under there? With the suction cup?

Slipperman

Reaction score
I put a diff cover like that on my '04 and it immediately began to smash in my spare tire well. Have you had a look?

MadStang

Reaction score
Once you get something other then the stock shocks in the rear. I think you'll have a better feel. It looks pretty good though. There is always room for stiffening but all in all not bad.

better feel but it's not going to stop the inherent problem of the Axle flying every which direction under g-forces. Only way to do that is either a watts link or panhard bar in conjuction with a torque arm / 3-link / 5-link

Win

Legend
Reaction score
better feel but it's not going to stop the inherent problem of the Axle flying every which direction under g-forces. Only way to do that is either a watts link or panhard bar in conjuction with a torque arm / 3-link / 5-link

Very true.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
I put a diff cover like that on my '04 and it immediately began to smash in my spare tire well. Have you had a look?

No damage marks so far, but I didn't check it after the last autocross

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Cool video! I think I've seen a video of a drag race from under the car, but not an autocross.

Amazing how much stuff moves under there!

SWFLGT

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the vids, I too never realized how violent it really was down there when running hard, very cool to see it in action. The rear axle view was way more interesting than the street view. Thanks again.

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the vids, I too never realized how violent it really was down there when running hard, very cool to see it in action. The rear axle view was way more interesting than the street view. Thanks again.

After watching the suspension video, it makes all normal view points look boring. Now that iRoush beat me to a front shot, I have to find some other shot.

MadStang

Reaction score
After watching the suspension video, it makes all normal view points look boring. Now that iRoush beat me to a front shot, I have to find some other shot.

I didn't film it to look cool I filmed the front to show how bad my front roll center is and how much it moves lmao

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
I didn't film it to look cool I filmed the front to show how bad my front roll center is and how much it moves lmao

Oh I hear you. Collecting data is the main reason I have a gopro. Once everything is done with the car, it wil be a great before and after thing. I also try to watch the normal views between runs to check where I can try to pick up a tenth.

MadStang

Reaction score
Oh I hear you. Collecting data is the main reason I have a gopro. Once everything is done with the car, it wil be a great before and after thing. I also try to watch the normal views between runs to check where I can try to pick up a tenth.

I'm still waiting for you to show me how you mounted that bad boy back there without it ripping off lol

OP
OP
wmfateam

wmfateam

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for you to show me how you mounted that bad boy back there without it ripping off lol

Crap sorry, got caught in nerf fight with the neighborhood kids as I was going to take pictures. I'll post up tonight.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online