what else do i need mentainace wise???

97vertstang

Reaction score
i been changine everything mentainance wise on the 91 lx.i changed to 10w 30 motorcraft oil,mobil 1 filter, new autolite 25 plugs gapped at .05, new fuel filter, seafoam,new lower radiator hose,new antifreeze,new 180 thermostat,new rear tires.and i just ordered some msd wires , msd coil , msd cap and rotor.what else do i need ???some of this stuff i didnt need now but i wanted to change everything just to make sure.so what else can u think of???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds like you have it all :), I cant think of any thing else. Did you flush the radiator?

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeap, hey snake u used to have a fox right???? did u have u/d pulleys????my friend has some that hell let go for cheap but im worried about charging problems with this crappy alternators.will i have problems if i keep the stock pulley on the alternator???kepp in mind i dont use AC and hardly listen to the radio???

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
if you don't have a big stereo you should be OK, the charging system will be slowed down but with minimal draw you should be good. Even if you decide to go with a big sound system, you could get a alt off of a 94 95 and do the swap.

The pulleys is worth the 80 bucks they cost, you can expect and additional 8 to 10 hp at the wheels.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
throw some Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner in the tank to clean the injectors out. Make sure you get the concetrate and not the cheaper stuff. Supposed to be the best injector cleaner you can get and i did notice a difference.

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
MeanGrn Gt said:
throw some Chevron Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner in the tank to clean the injectors out. Make sure you get the concetrate and not the cheaper stuff. Supposed to be the best injector cleaner you can get and i did notice a difference.
where can i get that?? autozone???

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
any parts store should have it.
techron.jpg
Just make sure to get the concentrated

Stangbangin

Reaction score
yea that stuff rocks actually...most things you don't notice a difference but that techron fuel injector cleaner and if you'd never used a fuel system treatment until now you'll notice a change I was surprised.....gained like 30 hp........well maybe not but it ran smoother and idled more consistently

Fryrice

Reaction score
Tranny fluid (and filter for auto), differential fluid and gasket, rotate your new tires with the front if the fronts havent been rotated in 3000 miles . Check tire pressure. When engine is cold,check oil level in case of leaks. Check head gaskets for leaks. Check exhaust system for leaks. Take a leak .

:D

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Powersteering Flush, Brake Fluid Flush, New Pads, Rear Diff. Flush, K&N air filter

G

GREG@SN95

You don't need to do any of the above things unless you are near the 150k mark

OP
OP

97vertstang

Reaction score
the car has 44k i did most of the stuff already. pads are good,surprisingly, and already has a k&n panel filter.the rear im a wait till i get some gears and tranny fluid till i need a new clutch.

G

GREG@SN95

5.HOE said:
the car has 44k i did most of the stuff already. pads are good,surprisingly, and already has a k&n panel filter.the rear im a wait till i get some gears and tranny fluid till i need a new clutch.

everything should be fine... If your hard on it change the fluids... the spark plugs should be fine and everything else...

G

GREG@SN95

oh... and IMPO... any additives are bad... I would never use seafoam...

and heres why...

If I started up my car and white smoke poured out of the exhaust... I would not be happy...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online