What exhausts do you guys prefer?

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards MAC long tube headers, bbk o/r x pipe and slp lm1 exhaust. Does anybody have this combo? Also, how much more is a Prochamber midpipe than a bbk? I found the bbk for 160 in late model resto.

rob10s2

Reaction score
there should be plenty on streetfire and youtube :dancing6:

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
mac longtubes are the cheapest because of the individual flange design. its not as good of a design as fox example bbk, but for the price they are great and i have no complaints about mine.

so what are the best sounding mufflers? im on a budget and i dont want a full catback, just weld in new mufflers...

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
fordguysmith said:
I'm leaning towards MAC long tube headers, bbk o/r x pipe and slp lm1 exhaust. Does anybody have this combo? Also, how much more is a Prochamber midpipe than a bbk? I found the bbk for 160 in late model resto.

Headers + O/R X + LM1s = Ungodly loud (I still think it sounds good)

Headers + Catted X + LM1s = Really loud and really good sound

If I were you, I'd get a catted midpipe. It would still be VERY loud but not obnoxious. Yes, it's cool to be loud but not ALL the time. American Muscle is the cheapest place I've seen for most every part. And free shipping!

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
the catted midpipe would probably be best since my motor is stock right? lol. i was just leanin towards o/r since it was a heck of a lot cheaper

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
fordguysmith said:
the catted midpipe would probably be best since my motor is stock right? lol. i was just leanin towards o/r since it was a heck of a lot cheaper

Yeah the offroad is WAY cheaper but can be a pain at emissions and some cops do not like loud cars etc. It doesn't matter if your motor is stock or not.

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
well around here the cops have never checked for cats. and they only stop you if you get on it or your car or truck is loud around them. my buddy had straight pipes on a chevy w/built 355 4spd. he drove it easy around the cops, but when it started popping or he got on it, he always got stopped. so would the exhaust be quiet at cruise with the o/r prochamber and slp lm1? and how much would lm2's quiet it down?

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
fordguysmith said:
well around here the cops have never checked for cats. and they only stop you if you get on it or your car or truck is loud around them. my buddy had straight pipes on a chevy w/built 355 4spd. he drove it easy around the cops, but when it started popping or he got on it, he always got stopped. so would the exhaust be quiet at cruise with the o/r prochamber and slp lm1? and how much would lm2's quiet it down?

The cops might not check but at inspection time, you would most likely fail without cats. The O/R prochamber and LM1s will be a bit quieter than an O/R H or X but still pretty loud. LM2s will quiet them down because they are "packed" but will still be loud, just not LM1 loud.

nazstang

Reaction score
As for myself, i have jethot FMS Equal lengths, to a Bassani offroad x, and then Mac Catback. It a very agressive tone, not too "raspy" but a nice deep tone. I haven't had many problems with the cops (clutch goes in every time i pass one) , but when it's emissions time, on goes the stock h-pipe for a few hours. :)

OP
OP
F

fordguysmith

Reaction score
well guys, I am getting SLP for sure and I'm going with the cheapest headers I can find. I don't want the car to be ear piercing loud on the highway. With a catted x and the slp scream at highway speeds like on cruise control in over drive? I won't mind the sound if it is decently quiet in overdrive like cruisin through town or on the highway. I just can't shy away from SLP. I love the sound

Z28 This

Reaction score
slp on a mustang sounds more like a camaro and its TOO loud and i love my exhaust loud lol

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
fordguysmith said:
well guys, I am getting SLP for sure and I'm going with the cheapest headers I can find. I don't want the car to be ear piercing loud on the highway. With a catted x and the slp scream at highway speeds like on cruise control in over drive? I won't mind the sound if it is decently quiet in overdrive like cruisin through town or on the highway. I just can't shy away from SLP. I love the sound

Good choice. You cannot go wrong with SLP setup in my opinion. Eventually I will be getting a catted X too. :pimp2:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online