what fittings would be easiest?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I am about ready to pull the motor to clean up the engine bay and weld in the rear scott-rod panels to smooth it out. I would like to run the fuel lines through it in some kind of clean/easy way. Can I just cut the hard lines down a little further, flare/double flare the end and get some kind of fitting to adapt the flare to a -6 line? I am new to all these fittings and looked around but couldn't seem to find anything... I would like to run the -6 to a bulkhead/firewall fitting and then just connect on the other side with a straight -6 connection unless there is a better way?

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
do u have a bending and flairing tool?

hard pipe is easy AFTER you get it all bent and flared to fit.
braided hose is easy but you have to get it all made up with all the connectors.....

I guess EZ is relative. what on a SN is easy?? :p

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
It's not double flare. . It's an expensive tool. But it can be done

Enviado usando mi SHP-L710 usando TapaTalk

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
th

http://www.tooldesk.com/automotive/MST71475-Mastercool-Universal-Hydraulic-Flaring-Tool.aspx

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
same tool I borrowed from autozone to do my brake lines right? Not afraid of that by any means just wasn't sure what the fitting was to go from the flared fuel line to a -6 connector. I have some bulkhead -6 connectors for this that once the panel is in place I can just drill a hole and use a -6 end to connect to both sides. I want to cut the lines down shorter, run a 6-10" piece of braided line I have left over to the bulk head fittings unless I can get the hard lines to mount up to the bulk head fittings but I thought it would be easier to use the scrap hose I have left over for a short run.

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
As far as I know they only have the double flair. Fuel usually uses push connect. . But for aftermarket AN fitting you might be able to double flair not sure.

Addermk2

Reaction score
The Mastercool flaring tool does usually come with the dies to make quick connect fittings, but it does not come with the dies for flaring AN.

A standard double flare uses a 45* flare, where AN is a 37* flare.

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
after some thought I am going to see if I can just going to try to make a couple small bends to bring the ends down to the point they would be below the panel.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ccrider

Members online