What happens when your wiper cowl gets clogged over the years

sn95jones

Reaction score
As y'all know she picked up an S197 recently too.

Here's what we discovered with her car recently..

Ah yes that is black mold. Ever since we bought the car we had noticed the car had a foul smell. Then my girlfriend got sick.
Low and behold this was the source.
Instead of cleaning the carpet I took it upon myself to just put in new carpet!

It was gross under the carpet. Lots of mold.

Once the entire interior was sprayed down and cleaned...

Took her door molding and stripes off

His and hers

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
are you sure that car has not been under water? Looks like dust/silt inside of all the small areas where the carpet was not in direct contact and even in the back seat area where the cowl would have no effect. Check the dash for rust and see if the wire harnesses are dusty...

OP
OP
sn95jones

sn95jones

Reaction score
are you sure that car has not been under water? Looks like dust/silt inside of all the small areas where the carpet was not in direct contact and even in the back seat area where the cowl would have no effect. Check the dash for rust and see if the wire harnesses are dusty...
What you're seeing in the backseat was like mold from food that got between the seat and trim. It was nasty. The driver side floorpan was completely clean and untouched. The passenger side was the only side that showed signs of there being water present. Since it was the passenger side drain grommet that got clogged all the water drained onto the passenger side.

07GtS197

Reaction score
I just recently had this happen in my 07 gt. My dad took it out and my mom was sitting in the passenger seat. She said the floor was a little wet. Im thinking eh maybe its tiny leak around the smart junction box (I had it once before) but a few days later and a few torrential downpours later Im turning left at an intersection and all I hear is a big splash on the passenger side. After it finally stopped raining, low and behold the cowl drain is clogged so bad with pine needles I had to take the rubber boot out and flush a handful of crap out. Im glad the original owner bought rubber floor mats!

Now Im a little paranoid itll happen again lol.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online