What have you done to your Stang on your own?

joser714

Reaction score
I wish I knew what to do. I know I've probably spent close to if not more than a grand in labor. I kick myself in the face for sleeping in my automotive class in high school

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm proud to say that I have never changed the oil myself on my car in the 3 years I've owned it.
I love taking it to the mexicans and watching them get dirty while I eat my popcorn.
haha
No mexi's here though :'( too cold.
I took the mazda to get an oil change, man that was nice. Just sit there and read a paper! Got free window wipers too!

But with mustang, especially with the swap +mods, I'd rather not take it to a shop.

slow90coupe

Reaction score
I can honestly say that I've done literally everything to my car by myself. That includes all the mods I've had at every stage, even tires, alignments, everything but tuning I have done by myself. I'm very proud that I've taught myself how to do all of this with nobody beside me telling me what to do. At the age of 15 I pulled my first motor, and now at the age of 18 I feel comfortable doing anything but tuning or rebuilding a transmission. Anyone can learn to do this stuff if you're motivated!

LaserRed95GT

Reaction score
Hmm..

tubular k-member swap:

IMG00466.jpg

First motor swap:

IMG00491.jpg

IMG00490.jpg

Explorer intake swap:

IMG00116.jpg

stuff004.jpg

Converted interior to [mostly] black:

aeab6ab2.jpg

100_0944.jpg

Two headlight swaps, center console swap, installed HIDs, radio install, smog pump delete, complete exhaust upgrade, T5 to TR3500 swap, two clutch changes, U/LCA swap, swapped front sway bar/endlinks/sway bar mounts, changed out rear sway bar, installed aluminum driveshaft, installed lowering springs [twice] changed out oem fuel pump for a 190 lph unit, changed brakes a few times, oil changes, changed out a power steering pump, replaced a distributor, set the base timing God only knows how many times, swapped the stock FPR out for an AFPR, the list can go on...

Things I haven't done:

1] I didn't build or install my 410w
2] I didn't rebuild my TR3550
3] I didn't do my 3.27 to 3.55 gear swap
4] I didn't install my subframe connectors
5] I didn't do any of the ECU tuning
wut kind o seats r does?

forreal, they sick.

Redford

Reaction score
Those red seats look amazing in your car, white95. Love red interiors in silver/white/black Mustangs. I'm guessing there was quite a bit of fabrication involved to get the seat tracks mounted in there. Does the lumbar work?

In response to OP, I wish I had the tools, skills, and knowledge to do everything I want to my car. I do everything I can on my own or with a helping hand, but some things I just lack the tools for (like paint). I've done almost every modification myself. I hate having other people screwing around with my car.

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
Everything.

Built the motor,Trans, Rearend, Exhaust, Suspension, Brakes, Subframe connectors, Interior, eventually going to do the body work and paint it myself. Bought a tig welder the other day to fab up a turbo setup when time comes. Which I will build myself. Just how I am.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Maximotor sport Caster Camber Plates w/buddy
H&R super sport springs w/buddy
Inner tie rods
Bump Steer kit
Custom Smoked Headlights
Fog lights w/HIDS
K&N CAI
about 100hrs into detailing it over the years
Saleen Rear Spoiler
Saleen Heat extractor hood
LED dash/gear fix
Mach 1 chin spoiler w/best friend
Front Brakes
Sway Bar Bushings
Replacement antenna base
Belts w/ new Idler
Oil Changes

New Mods to be installed:
Bullitt Twin Piston Calipers/Brembo Rotors
Steeda underdrive pullies
C&L Plenum w/ throttle body assembly
New Idler pullies
New Stewarts water pump (needs to be ordered)
New Gatorback belt

OP
OP
the5.ohh

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Maximotor sport Caster Camber Plates w/buddy
H&R super sport springs w/buddy
Inner tie rods
Bump Steer kit
Custom Smoked Headlights
Fog lights w/HIDS
K&N CAI
about 100hrs into detailing it over the years
Saleen Rear Spoiler
Saleen Heat extractor hood
LED dash/gear fix
Mach 1 chin spoiler w/best friend
Front Brakes
Sway Bar Bushings
Replacement antenna base
Belts w/ new Idler
Oil Changes

New Mods to be installed:
Bullitt Twin Piston Calipers/Brembo Rotors
Steeda underdrive pullies
C&L Plenum w/ throttle body assembly
New Idler pullies
New Stewarts water pump (needs to be ordered)
New Gatorback belt

Me too give or take probably more because black takes longer lmao

95opal

Reaction score
I pretty much threw everything ford put in the car out in the garbage except the dashpad then I cut, welded, smoothed, sanded redesigned, built, and replaced it all with crap it should have come with. Savings... nill....lol

Rallim

Reaction score
Only things I havn't done is fab work. IE, control arms, my exhaust, and so on. Everything else has been done by me

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't do too much to the 95 myself the first few years. Swapped headlights, bumpers, fender myself. All the radio work, seat swaps, steering wheels, pedals to the gutting of the interior and all that I did. Maybe a couple other small mods. Paint and body work was done by a shop, along with clutch changes, tranny rebuild, and a few other repairs back when I was scared to work on cars and didn't have any decent tools.

SRT4 got some bolt-ons, but the clutch swap and timing belt replacement were handled by a shop.

I swapped the fuel pump in the SVO the first time, but after trying to hunt down electrical issues, it eventually went to the shop when I couldn't figure it out.

I did all the work on the notch, head gasket replacement, radiator, electric fans, radio work.

I did most of the work on my POS Civic with the help of one of my friends which has included a motor swap and it's about to get some brake work too since I no longer have brakes.

I'm doing all of the work I can on the 67. So far a shop built my transmission mount. I'll have a shop make my driveshaft and may have one do my exhaust if I haven't ran through my spool of flux wire and get gas by then for my welder. Otherwise, I've done all the floor repairs, motor swap, 5-speed swap, about to rewire the car from front to back, tuck the engine bay, paint it and the motor, etc etc.

I've slowly started doing my own work because 1) I've become a cheap ass, and 2) I always had to go behind every mechanic that ever touched my car and fix stuff they left not right.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I'm guessing there was quite a bit of fabrication involved to get the seat tracks mounted in there. Does the lumbar work?

Not sure how he did it in his car but there's a place that sells adapter plates for like $125 for a set to allow you to bolt the S197 seats right up to the SN95 holes. The wiring is also pretty straight forward and I believe you can get everything to work minus the airbags due to our cars not coming with those and not having wiring for them.

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
When I got mine the SFC's, springs and rear control arms, and gears, alumnium DS were already installed.

Stuff I've done and aprox. cost.
Koni red adj. shocks and struts- $250 off c/l
Steeda CC plates- $50 off c/l
Steeda tri-axe shifter- $20 off friend
Steeda race wing- $250 off c/l
CAI- free off wrecked car
Billit UDP's- free from friend

I sent out the trans to be rebuilt but I did the r/r myself without a lift

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members