What if anything do I need to do next???

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
I just recently bought a 94 GT, that has had a ton of work done to it already. I was wondering what ya'll might recommend to do next, if anything to boost performance more....without pulling the motor out and tearing it down.

Here's what I can see is done:

- Trick Flow lower intake
- Trick Flow upper intake
- Trick Flow intake elbow
- Aftermarket throttle body (not sure brand or size....it's polished though, haven't seen those before)
- BBK cold air intake
- MSD cap, rotor, & coil (getting changed out to Performance Distributors cap, rotor, coil, & 10mm wires)
- Cam (not sure on what, one of the mechanics at the shop I use is a fox body man and says it sounds like a 'B' series)
- BBK shorty headers
- Off road catless H pipe
- Flowmaster catback
- Smog delete
- Underdrive pulley kit

Not sure if the heads have been changed, and also not sure if the computer has been chipped....we suspect so though since the mechanics scan tool wouldn't read the computer.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Try to get some confirmation on the heads, that's your major choke point right now.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Afr and tf both will be marked on front of heads.

This message courtesy of crapatalk!

OP
OP
T

TheLynchMob

Reaction score
Afr and tf both will be marked on front of heads.

I looked....can't see the front of the heads behind he accessories of course. The heads aren't aluminum, and from the looks of it they look just as covered in grime as the block, and the rest of the work isn't but a couple years old. So I'd bet to say they are original heads.

That being said, what are the original heads....and can they be worked at all to be better? I need to take them off soon anyways and fix my header bolt issue, that'd be the time to put different ones on....BUT I want to get as cheap as possible, so how much better are the GT40 heads? And what do they come off of?

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Original heads are cast iron E7 heads. They can be ported and polished, valve spring upgrade. But all that effort, time and money is a waste. A set of GT40 heads off a 5.0 Explorer is a decent upgrade, clean em up, change the valve springs, add a new set of roller rockers.

busta

Reaction score
Stock gears? 3.73's would do you some good.

If you're not looking to tear into the motor at all, I think you may be ready for some giggly gas or maybe a Vortech.

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can find some reasonably priced heads new if your not trying to make super big power. All depends on what your goals are

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Staff online

Members online