What intake fits with Steeda 3-point strut tower brace?

JPuehl

Reaction score
I have an '01 Cobra that has an aftermarket intake (which looks simply like 6" PVC plastic water pipe glued together?). Over the weekend I installed a Steeda 3-point front strut tower brace and now the intake doesn't fit as it's too large for the space left. Does anyone know an intake that will work with the Steeda bar? I seen a picture of a customers car on Steeda's website however it had the 2-point bar and appeared to have a OEM intake, which I'm not opposed to using if it works. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Just for reference I've attached a pic showing the intake and bar just resting where it would be installed.

Attachments

• 20220810_203650.jpg
    20220810_203650.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
If it’s dimensionally similar to the factory brace you could use an intake from a 96-97 cobra. It will have a provision for an iat sensor that will need to be plugged though.

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. When you say "dimensionally similar to the factory brace" are you referring to the '99/'01 Cobra? I don't believe they had a factory brace, or at least mine did not when I bought the car.

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I see the K&N is notched for the cross-bar. I'll look into what K&N has to offer for the '99/'01 Cobra. It appears the intake manifold it slightly different in that the TB is pointing slight forward.

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
I found an installation instruction for the K&N filter upgrade for the '99/'01 Cobra and it uses the factory air inlet tube which appears to be notched like in the pic "Tillerman77" shared. I think I need to find the factory intake pieces for my car and go from there. I don't really think the huge tube I have now is necessary for an NA car.

2001FordCobraIntakeTubeCircled.png

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
OK, I did some searching and found some pix of the OEM intake, which is slightly different than in the K&N installation pic. I didn't find any pix of a Steeda strut brace and intake but I'll send Steeda an email and ask what should work.

2001FormCobraOEMIntake.png

OP
OP
JPuehl

JPuehl

Reaction score
OK, so it looks like I need at a minimum the factory '01 Cobra air inlet tube that runs from the MAF sensor to the TB, which I have circled in this pic. Unfortunately my car needs to sit in the garage until I create/respond to another 78 posts as I need 100 message/posts in order to post in the WTB/WTT sub forum. I'd like to buy or better yet trade my current aftermarket intake for a complete factory intake/airbox so anyone interested please watch the WTT/WTB subforum for my post.2001FormCobraOEMIntake_InletCircled.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010