What is going on with my clutch?

sv16dan

Reaction score
New to the forums but have followed the facebook page for about six months now. I recently installed an Astro A5 Transmission and used a low quality clutch. Well that went out and i got a McLeod clutch with a Ford racing flywheel, bolt kit, and throw out bearing. Got everything in place set the throw out bearing space and dropped the car. We pulled it out, everything was smooth until i went to take it on a drive then i heard a pop and lost all tension on the clutch pedal. The car would not go back into gear so we lifted the car up checked everything couldn't find a thing. Dropped the car and clutch had tension again after doing nothing. I drove the car for about eight miles then pulled into a gas station just did a little walk around and nothing looked wrong as i was pulling out of the parking spot i heard another pop then the car jerked forward and stalled. Wiggled all the same parts but couldn't get the clutch to free up again. Finally got the car into gear and drove home in 2nd the whole way back. I have been under the car unable to find anything wrong with it still. This is my 3rd clutch install (not all this car) and i have never had this issue. So has anyone heard of this i would love not to pull the transmission out to still not find anything. Also using a new maximum motor sports clutch cable kit with the firewall adjuster and quadrant.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Did you set your firewall adj? Or just keep turning for easier pedal effort? Have to be careful with that, try turning the adjuster the other way to undo what was done

1bad95

Reaction score
cable not hooked correctly on the quadrant possibly?

OP
OP
S

sv16dan

Reaction score
Unfortunately I'm out of town all week for work when I get back I will check into those two ideas and update the post.

OP
OP
S

sv16dan

Reaction score
Ok dad couldn't deal with not knowing the issue and dropped the whole thing out turns out the throw out bearing was rotated the wrong way some how we over looked that in the instillation. Dumb mistake ended up wasting an extra day to fix the issue.

OP
OP
S

sv16dan

Reaction score
Only thing that made the situation so bad was i had training for work with only one weekend between drills and the swap had to get done. Probably would have gone a lot smoother if we didn't feel rushed.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online