what is the best thing you ever did in/too your car?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
so lets flip this and see what good stories/advice we can get out of it?

The car must have still smelled new in the summer of 94 or there would have been no other reason I had 3 people in the back seat :p I was just pulling out of the driveway when one of the kids in the neighborhood gave an "OOOOOOOOOOOo nice car!". So I just gave the gas a small dab for fun, the car reved up and lurched forward of course and that was followed by three thumps against the back window immediately followed by "OUCH" from all three.

Best thing I ever put in it so far is the airbags but I have not powered it up with the vortech yet :p Gives a great ride and all the attitude you would need.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Currently no stories in the mustang as it has yet to leave my driveway since I've owned it.. And hasn't seen the road since 2001. But my favorite mod is currently in the works. Everything on my car now went like this:
Add to cart
Receive in mail
Slap on
This next project, my double din, new shifter bezel, and new center console not only will change the entire look and functionality of the lacking SN95 interior but it will be custom done. Sure other people have done it before but you can't just go buy something online and bolt it in. :) I am very excited. It's the most involved thing I've done to my car so far. Most of my build was building the car back to stock form. Time to have a little fun right?

RichV

Reaction score
I pretty much enjoy everything about all of them. Learning new things when doing mods or driving at a race track, turning every bolt on it, diving in to projects I've never done, etc.

I will say it's a lot easier when your primary transportation is not the car you mod/race.

One thing that sticks out as one of the funnest moments in this hobby. My cousin and I installed a dry nitrous kit on my 86GT, bought it used with a 1/2 bottle of juice. It was jetted for about 100HP. I remember the nervous excitement as we drove out to some back roads. Came to a stop, hit the switch, and jammed the throttle. The tires instantly lit up and the car was not moving at all. I think I had a grin on my face for at least a week. :D

Goldmember

Reaction score
In my '97, everything was awesome. First Stang Fever. But hands-down the PI intake was the best thing. That, with the catted X pipe, totally changed the attitude of the car.

In my '04, with a nonexistent mod budget, the chrome Hurst shifter handle (pn 538-8550). Just gives it that old-school character I like so much.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1. Orange
2. I still stand on gears are the best bang for your buck.
3. My favorite mod was definitely the supercharger. Winding that thing up for the first time = much happy.

Best thing I've done, picked up my girlfriend :p when we just first started talking I just randomly throwed out a offer "I'm parking my car for the winter, I need to use up the gas in it. Want to go for a cruise?". I wasn't expecting a yes answer haha.

My favorite story, definitely happened when I was driving with my hood off. I saw this little civic weaving through traffic trying to catch up to me. When he caught up he was this young wangster kid and he was trying to act all cool and definitely wanted to try to race me. I looked over and made eye contact and then his eyes suddenly shifted to the front of the car. He immediately sunk into his seat and drove off like nothing happened. Haha, the blower does look very intimidating sticking over top of the fenders.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Last year I showed up at a mustang car show and while attempting to park the car in the grass by a tree, I managed to bottom out the front end of the car on the tree's roots. The car was stuck and had to be pushed out in order to get to it's correct spot by the tree. I would say that incident really showed me how low I am and I was proud of it. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Here's a picture for reference:

vno50w.png

Darhawk

Reaction score
Last year I showed up at a mustang car show and while attempting to park the car in the grass by a tree, I managed to bottom out the front end of the car on the tree's roots. The car was stuck and had to be pushed out in order to get to it's correct spot by the tree. I would say that incident really showed me how low I am and I was proud of it. Best thing that ever happened to me.

Here's a picture for reference:

vno50w.png
I really like this picture of your ride! Looks really shiny and clean and low!

Mustanger

Reaction score
I have had several best mods for my car...ranging from the MM subframes, the MM LCA's, the Eibach Prokit Plus suspension, the Magnapacks, the 315/275 staggered look, to my now favorite one & in agreement with Orange & others...my 3:55's!!! Best bang for my bucks for sure! Wish I had known how good it would be be sooner! LOL...a whole new easier driving car for sure!

Tommy92

Reaction score
When I had my blue Mach 1 I raced two Corvettes simultaneously one on my right one on my left and beat both the face on the drivers.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Complete 01+ interior swap and terminator seats... ooh baby.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rvseverson

Members online