What is the best wax, in my case??

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I have one of the worst kinds of vertigo out there! It takes me freaking forever just to wash my car!! I have to do it twice to wash everywhere! I have waxed it once. After the first time I realized it was not worth it! I have trouble even staying upright when I walk most of the time. Moving back and forth is long gone with me!

I never had I very nice car, but it was always show room clean! Now I drive one, and I cannot wash it like I would want to! I only wash mine by hand, too. The town car wash really blows!! I was hoping you could lead my to the easiest wax out there! I love Meguiar’s, too! I use everything but a tire dressing of theirs. I see they have a Quik Wax, I just do not know anything about it! It is not that I am lazy, because I am, just not when it comes to my car!!! Thanks a bunch!!

el docum

Reaction score
Hello,

I think that you have a problem whit the clear coat on your bumpers front and rear, it's better to go to a paint shop for this problem.

IMO it's important to wax your car often (1-2 time a month), you can buy many brand of wax, but check on the bottle for Carnauba, on Teflon, wax it often and your car will keep is good appearance.

F.

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
if you get a good wax/polish, you won't have to do it but every 3-4 months.

the easiest to use wax i've used, is also one of the best.
Poorboys' Natty's goes on and off easy, sun or shade, and the gloss and undurance is excellent.
http://www.sn95forums.com/forum/index.php?topic=6011.0

Waxing is better if you polish it first.
that's a whole nother topic.

Justang has this stuff on sale, discount for forum members.
you can also ask him about other products.

or you may want to pay a detailer to do a polish/wax job.
then you can just keep it up, and rewax it a few x a year.

Juztang

Reaction score
Check out my website for some great waxes that go on easy and come off easy. Right now a popular combo is Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant topped with Natty's blue. This combo will clean your paint,bring out more shine and reflection, and give it a lot of depth. Also my new Wet Wax is already starting to get a lot of good reviews. It is a liquid wax that is so easy to use and leaves the paint deep and wet looking. Hope this helps!

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
another good wax (very easy on/off) is s100. I have also used nattys blue and was very pleased with it also

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks guys!  My cousin/best friend is the best painter I have ever seen!  That includes my TV, too!  He said the paint is just too old!  You can do quick fixes.  It will just go back bad though!!  It just costs too much @ once for me!  I change my paint scheme idea about 3 times a month.  It does not matter if I won the lottery tonight!  I still have too many cool ideas in my messed up brain!!  I do have a certain design, but that would take a brand new different engine!  The 5.0 Cammer!!! 

Also, I need something that works good with 1 job! I cannot do the cleaner/then wax it. Hell, just waxing will take me forever!! Thanks for all though!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
How about that Ice one? I forgot the seller. It says it leaves no residue on trim and stuff. I need something like that!! Thanks again!

Juztang

Reaction score
1STOF3 said:
How about that Ice one? I forgot the seller. It says it leaves no residue on trim and stuff. I need something like that!! Thanks again!
All of the waxes I carry don't have residue and won't stain your trim. I have a few different waxes currently on sale including the popular Poorboy's Natty's blue.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Juztang, give me a certain product name if you will! I saw that Optimum Spray Wax. How about something like that? I just need something I really don't have to really rub and stuff. That is my biggest problem! If buying that Natty Blue's stuff is really want I need, I will just suck it up!!

I just saw you can apply in the shade also. I didn't know that really mattered! I will put on in my carport! That way I can take breaks!! See ya!

Juztang

Reaction score
Yes the Optimum Spray Wax is very easy to use and is a great quality wax. You just mist it on each panel and wipe off with a microfiber, very simple. The Natty's blue will give a deeper look to your paint but will take a little more time. If you are wanting something that is easy to do and wax the whole vehicle in under 10 minutes the Optimum Spray Wax is probably what you want.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
But to really get her good, don't I need the Natty Blue stuff? If I can get that through that spray stuff I want it. If I am going to do it I might as well do it right, correct? Sorry I just do not know anything about this anymore! See ya!!

Juztang

Reaction score
Ok, to do everything right you actually need to throw a polish into the mix. The polish will bring out more shine and reflection,clean the paint, and properly prep the surface for your wax. For a good all around polish I would go with Poorboys Pro Polish or my Obsessive Detail Light Polish. Then you can top with Poorboy's Natty's blue.

Not trying to sell you anything you don't need, that is what you really need to do to prep the surface and to get the most out of your products. If you wanted to go even further you could even throw a claybar into the mix. Just remember 90% of how your paints finish looks is in the prep work....claying,polishing,and swirl removal. The wax adds some more in the looks department plus seals in everything you did in the prep stages.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I hung out with my cousin @ the body shop about 6 years ago. I barely remember all of the stages they went through to really get one to shine. I just cannot do all that. I barely even wash it. And no one loves a clean car more than me, I promise! My brain injury has made me very anal retentive!! I hate dirty anything. I wish I could do all the stages with a clay bar, but I really cannot do it! I hate the excuse my injury tags along with it. In this case, it really means something! Maybe I need to go with that spray stuff. You talked about adding something when I wax it. That is not going to happen.

Thanks so much. I am trying, I promise!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bs.austin.tx

Members online