what is the better engine

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
94pacecar435 said:
ZO6 a bargain you must be smoking crack :hammer: with a base price of 67K for the new zo6 that shit is not a bargain :gtfo:

For what that car is? YES IT IS A BARGAIN. Can the every day man afford this vehicle? Of course not. But The corvette z06 has pounced on cars with price tags that are hundreds of thousands more, not to mention It will run neck and neck with a Ford GT, for a FRACTION of the cost. So take your head out of your rear.

svtsnake

Reaction score
my 04 cobra is pushing over 500hp at the crank with just a few bolt-ons. ive probably spent about 29.5K including the car. thats a BARGAIN FOR WHAT IT IS. look at the reviews on the corvettes, they are a good car for the price comparing it to a lambo, ferrari, even the gt40. dont get me wrong, the corvette is a really nice car. but its far from being a bargain to most of us. :khobra:

97vertstang

Reaction score
svtsnake said:
my 04 cobra is pushing over 500hp at the crank with just a few bolt-ons. ive probably spent about 29.5K including the car. thats a BARGAIN FOR WHAT IT IS. look at the reviews on the corvettes, they are a good car for the price comparing it to a lambo, ferrari, even the gt40. dont get me wrong, the corvette is a really nice car. but its far from being a bargain to most of us. :khobra:
JERRY!!!!!!!!! JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!! JERRY!!!!!!!!!! JERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
svtsnake said:

And whoever said that an 03-04 cobra wasnt a bargain? Again a totally irrelevent post to what we were talking about. (We have really strayed off from what the thread was even about). To even be compared to lambo's ferrari's and porshe's means that this car is worthy of fucking respect. And compared to what those cars go for compared to the corvette not even breaking into the 100 thousand range is as impressive as it gets! Will most of us ever see that? Probably not, but the z06 was designed to be a super car destroyer and it has done that job very well. There is no blurred line between mustang and corvette. Actually its as solid as it gets.

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
ck4.6 said:
Wouldn't it be easier to throw a B.A. stroked 351 into a Fox vs putting and LS in it? Or is it just as easy???

LSx swap is pretty straightforward, and you'll make more power cheaper than a Windsor swap.

The ZO6 dominates so many cars out there, that for the money, it is one hell of a bargain. Plus, it's not a stupid 4000 lb pig like most of the high horsepower cars released by other manufacturers. (e.g. GT500, 300C and Charger SRT8, etc.)

I think a cammed LS7 in a fox coupe would be sick. Who knows, maybe someday I'll do it.

Paul.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
svtsnake said:

I know what you mean, the Termy is the ultimate in my opinion.......... :khobra: :khobra: :khobra: too easy to make Big time power. Swap on a KB or a whip for 4 grand, upgrade the exhaust and fuel system for another 2k and your sitting on 700+hp. I think thats pretty damn sweet, especially since you can find a termy in the low 20k's now. And dont forget thats all BOLT On crap.....nothing internal on the engine.

95Grandtouring5.0

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
svtsnake said:

I know what you mean, the Termy is the ultimate in my opinion.......... :khobra: :khobra: :khobra: too easy to make Big time power. Swap on a KB or a whip for 4 grand, upgrade the exhaust and fuel system for another 2k and your sitting on 700+hp. I think thats pretty damn sweet, especially since you can find a termy in the low 20k's now. And dont forget thats all BOLT On crap.....nothing internal on the engine.

They are built really strong thats for sure and they can handle hella boost if you can get enough fuel to it.

svtsnake

Reaction score
i know a corvette is a hell of a car, i dont doubt that one bit. but lets keep it affordable for most of us in here. im 21 years old making 17 bucks an hour. i bought my car for 28K and i spent about 1.5k in performance parts. my car make respectable power for a daily driven street car. this thread went way off topic :blah2: :blah2: :blah2:

GaryG

Reaction score
this thread went wayy off topic from last time i saw it, it really doesnt help us members that r trying to decide to go the (94/95) 5.0 or (96-98) 4.6 GT route

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
GaryG said:
this thread went wayy off topic from last time i saw it, it really doesnt help us members that r trying to decide to go the (94/95) 5.0 or (96-98) 4.6 GT route

That thread wouldn't go anywhere either.

Besides, everyone knows OHC technology sucks. That's what we've been going over! :hammer:

4point6GT

Reaction score
i love modular engines, i also love to b blown ;)....sure wouldnt mind a 351 tho :boink:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online