What is the dumbest thing you ever did in/too your car?

rz5.0

Legend
Reaction score
Well at least you getting some use out of them.. mine are put away who knows where. .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wasting time and money on useless mods.. Now if I get another, gears and rear end rebuild are first on the list.. Um, few weeks after getting my license. I got sideways and was inexperienced in the art of countersteering.. Car went one way, than straight for about a foot high curb. missed it by a hair thank God.. Last night we all cruised to a car meet. Stopped at a stop sign and saw this woman behind me forgot where the brake was. I mashed the gas and those 4.10s spun the puny 245s all through first and it got sideways after about 30 feet.. Stupid because there was a cop up ahead LOL

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
In my younger years with the mustang, I lost my temper one day for some reason and I had to get to work. Luckily my job was about 10 minutes from my house but I was speeding my way up there. On my way to work I had to make a right hand turn that went down a hill. I took the turn way too fast, and lost control of the car, a matter of fact I lost control of the car in the wrong lane going down a hill on bald Toyo Proxy 4's. I will never forget that day because that day I learned how to counter steer my ASS off. One side was a huge green fence, the other side was all trees. I fish tailed for about 3-10 seconds, and it was the scariest thing I ever done because I was going fast. First lesson I learned was do not speed and drive angry, very foolish. The second lesson I learned, do not take hard turns with bald rear tires. Third and final lesson was thank GOD there wasn't anyone in the other lane it would of been a head on collision. I will never forget. It was very dumb when I did it, and I will never take turns on bald tires ever especially while being mad.

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
In my younger years with the mustang, I lost my temper one day for some reason and I had to get to work. Luckily my job was about 10 minutes from my house but I was speeding my way up there. On my way to work I had to make a right hand turn that went down a hill. I took the turn way too fast, and lost control of the car, a matter of fact I lost control of the car in the wrong lane going down a hill on bald Toyo Proxy 4's. I will never forget that day because that day I learned how to counter steer my ASS off. One side was a huge green fence, the other side was all trees. I fish tailed for about 3-10 seconds, and it was the scariest thing I ever done because I was going fast. First lesson I learned was do not speed and drive angry, very foolish. The second lesson I learned, do not take hard turns with bald rear tires. Third and final lesson was thank GOD there wasn't anyone in the other lane it would of been a head on collision. I will never forget. It was very dumb when I did it, and I will never take turns on bald tires ever especially while being mad.

That how I learned the difference between name brand and off brand tires...... and name brand bald tires Lol....

The D3V

Goldmember

Reaction score
Missing Third the first time I tried a 2-3 powershift. Did not sound pretty. I can hit a 1-2 but never attempted a 2-3 after that.
And hitting 130 while teaching a Scion TC a lesson earlier this week wasn't wise, either. Once I passed him, just kept my foot in it. Pretty stable until you need the brakes, Fox/SN nosedive = fail

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hooked up my battery backwards for a second. I actually wasnt sure if I wanted to type that or not, very stupid.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

OP
OP
ttocs

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Hooked up my battery backwards for a second. I actually wasnt sure if I wanted to type that or not, very stupid.

That reminds me of a funny story of when I was working at intel. We walked out each day at 6:02 pm if we were late from passdown and that evening a friend of one of my areas lead techs was waiting for him to go to dinner. She left the key on and I guess her battery was weak as the truck would not start when she went to crank it. I had been there for maybe 3 months by this time, one of the guys was a retired Nuc submarine dude from the navy and the other was a former roughneck that was the area's lead tech. They hooked up the jumper cables on his truck and when they went too put it on her car it let out a pretty good spark. I said I didn't think that was right and the nuc guy just said no he batter is really dead and just threw the last cable on the battery with one fast/large spark and told her to try it out. The car did not start but after 3 secs the cables started too smoke... They had them on backwards.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
My god, that's even worse. At least I realized what I did as soon as I did it.

RichV

Reaction score
I drive fast on bald tires all the time, those are the fastest laps!! :)

I'd have to say the dumbest was late teens, car full of friends. My 79 Mustang Pace Car, 5.0, 4sp. It was wet/snowy, we were on a very wide 4 lane road, no other cars. So I wanted to show off and do a James Bond maneuver 180*. Turned the wheel, hit the throttle at like 25MPH. Completely lost control, hit a curb with the front wheel. Didn't have the cash for a new wheel so I drove on the donut for about 2 months.

Or the time I had the plug wires on wrong (my defense I didn't put them on) and the muffler got so hot the rear seat started smoldering while my friend's gf was sitting in the back.

1997gtRioRed

Reaction score
i blew past a cop at about 105 on the motorcycle once. i saw him and layed the hammer down till i hit the next exit and promptly took it. didnt really pay attention to speedo but it was in the 160+ range. not something i eould really want to do again.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrowdKiller