What is the dumbest thing you ever did in/too your car?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by ttocs, Mar 15, 2014.

1. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

Put lambo door kit on it.. worse 1200 I ever spend. .

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

2. white95

white95 Apex Junky Admin

That time when I put $600 eBay heads on a $5k short block :mustangchris:

3. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

Well at least you getting some use out of them.. mine are put away who knows where. .

4. BlackStallion

BlackStallion New Member

Several things...

let it sit instead of continuously DD'ing it, now it has rusty spots!

And also hit a civic, then hit a deer.

5. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

Wasting time and money on useless mods.. Now if I get another, gears and rear end rebuild are first on the list.. Um, few weeks after getting my license. I got sideways and was inexperienced in the art of countersteering.. Car went one way, than straight for about a foot high curb. missed it by a hair thank God.. Last night we all cruised to a car meet. Stopped at a stop sign and saw this woman behind me forgot where the brake was. I mashed the gas and those 4.10s spun the puny 245s all through first and it got sideways after about 30 feet.. Stupid because there was a cop up ahead LOL

6. JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz Well-Known Member

In my younger years with the mustang, I lost my temper one day for some reason and I had to get to work. Luckily my job was about 10 minutes from my house but I was speeding my way up there. On my way to work I had to make a right hand turn that went down a hill. I took the turn way too fast, and lost control of the car, a matter of fact I lost control of the car in the wrong lane going down a hill on bald Toyo Proxy 4's. I will never forget that day because that day I learned how to counter steer my ASS off. One side was a huge green fence, the other side was all trees. I fish tailed for about 3-10 seconds, and it was the scariest thing I ever done because I was going fast. First lesson I learned was do not speed and drive angry, very foolish. The second lesson I learned, do not take hard turns with bald rear tires. Third and final lesson was thank GOD there wasn't anyone in the other lane it would of been a head on collision. I will never forget. It was very dumb when I did it, and I will never take turns on bald tires ever especially while being mad.

7. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

That how I learned the difference between name brand and off brand tires...... and name brand bald tires Lol....

The D3V

8. white95

white95 Apex Junky Admin

They're in the trunk of my VW :handz:

9. rz5.0

rz5.0 Legend

Maybe so

10. slow90coupe

slow90coupe Well-Known Member

Deciding to mod a GT instead of just buying a Terminator.

11. JerZeyStangz

JerZeyStangz Well-Known Member

hahah lol, I can relate.

12. Goldmember

Goldmember Well-Known Member

Missing Third the first time I tried a 2-3 powershift. Did not sound pretty. I can hit a 1-2 but never attempted a 2-3 after that.
    And hitting 130 while teaching a Scion TC a lesson earlier this week wasn't wise, either. Once I passed him, just kept my foot in it. Pretty stable until you need the brakes, Fox/SN nosedive = fail

13. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

idunno I would consider sumitomo a name-brand as well as a pos.... brand name does not = quality/traction.

14. D3VST8R96GT

D3VST8R96GT Well-Known Member

No I don't consider them name brand.....

The D3V

15. the5.ohh

the5.ohh Legend

sumitomos are terrible tires. theres a reason why you can get 315s like $140 a piece..

16. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

Hooked up my battery backwards for a second. I actually wasnt sure if I wanted to type that or not, very stupid.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

17. ttocs

ttocs Post Whore

That reminds me of a funny story of when I was working at intel. We walked out each day at 6:02 pm if we were late from passdown and that evening a friend of one of my areas lead techs was waiting for him to go to dinner. She left the key on and I guess her battery was weak as the truck would not start when she went to crank it. I had been there for maybe 3 months by this time, one of the guys was a retired Nuc submarine dude from the navy and the other was a former roughneck that was the area's lead tech. They hooked up the jumper cables on his truck and when they went too put it on her car it let out a pretty good spark. I said I didn't think that was right and the nuc guy just said no he batter is really dead and just threw the last cable on the battery with one fast/large spark and told her to try it out. The car did not start but after 3 secs the cables started too smoke... They had them on backwards.

18. whiplash473

whiplash473 Moderator Staff SN95 Supporter

My god, that's even worse. At least I realized what I did as soon as I did it.

Sent from bored/stroked HTC One

19. RichV

RichV Well-Known Member

I drive fast on bald tires all the time, those are the fastest laps!! :)

I'd have to say the dumbest was late teens, car full of friends. My 79 Mustang Pace Car, 5.0, 4sp. It was wet/snowy, we were on a very wide 4 lane road, no other cars. So I wanted to show off and do a James Bond maneuver 180*. Turned the wheel, hit the throttle at like 25MPH. Completely lost control, hit a curb with the front wheel. Didn't have the cash for a new wheel so I drove on the donut for about 2 months.

Or the time I had the plug wires on wrong (my defense I didn't put them on) and the muffler got so hot the rear seat started smoldering while my friend's gf was sitting in the back.

20. 1997gtRioRed

1997gtRioRed Well-Known Member

i blew past a cop at about 105 on the motorcycle once. i saw him and layed the hammer down till i hit the next exit and promptly took it. didnt really pay attention to speedo but it was in the 160+ range. not something i eould really want to do again.