What is the price on this GT?????

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Hey guys,

how much do you think this 87 mustang GT is worth???? The block internals is all messed up. I will have to get new internals. the body is primered black with no dents .This will be a track car only. Here is a descrip of the car:

ENGINE AND DRIVETRAIN
347 stroker
Trick flow twisted wedge heads 2.02 intake valves
Trick flow intake
Ford racing E303 cam Canton 7qrt oil pan
Griffin aluminum radiator with twin Flex-a-lite fans
BBK 70mm throttle body with matching EGR
Pro-M 70mm Mass air meter
Vortech V1 S-Trim supercharger 10psi
Aeromotive fuel system
36lb/hr injectors
JBA short headers
Off road H pipes with flowmasters, dumps
Tremec 3550 with Lakewood bellhousin and good H/D clutch, short throw shifter
aluminum driveshaft
8.8 rear end with 3.73 gears

ELECTRIC
MSD, 9mm Ford racing wires
Auto Meter gauges
Flex-a-Lite Dual electric fans

SUSPENSION
Drag springs
Lakewood shocks and struts
Subframe connectors
Rollcage

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
putting a price on something like this is pretty difficult :( your talking about a 20 year old car that has no quality paint or any thing like that but does have a nice motor and all the other goodies. Hard to say without seeing it but I would guess somewhere between 4 to 8 grand :dunno:

jpajkos

Reaction score
I would slap a paint job on it something nice and clean depending on the color of the interior. With that block man and it running and tuned right you could get some good cash for it.

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'm going to check it out tommorrow. The guy says the motor runs but is blowing a lot of smoke out the back. He said that someone told him that it was a head gasket.

If I can get away with a rebuild kit from DSS or CHP then I should be ok.

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
oK,

I just spoke to the guy and he said that it starts up but blows ALOT of white smoke out the rear end. He also says the S/C is still in good shape.
He is asking 3k for it. What do you guys think???????????//

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
sounds fine to me at the very least you could part it out an get your money back out of it

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Snakebite,

Yeah that 's what I was thinking too. He really wants it gone and may take a lower offer. I'd like to rebuild the motor and make it a dedicated track car and not have to worry about smog crap. It already has a full race cage in it. Just the s/c , heads, intake, block alone will be well over the asking price.

97vertstang

Reaction score
its definetely head gaskets!!! and thats not a bad price.u could sell the SC for $1500, i dont see how u cant get ur money.

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'll let you guys know what turns up when I see it tommorrow. Hopefully it is just the head gaskets!!!!! Pretty easy fix.

OP
OP

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Took a look at the car the other day and well, it was in really bad shape. Rust on a lot of the panels and misaligned fenders, doors, hood etc. . Only really good parts on the car was the vortech, and transmission. Everything else needed LOTS of work. I decided to pass on it. Oh well. :'(

jpajkos

Reaction score
I would have too. You never know what kind of problems lie in something like that. I almost went that route with a 01 Cobra. Car gunned to the left when I braked. I new it was probably only a Tie Rod end but the thing that bothered me is he wasn't being honest.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online