what is this?

hammerdownracing

Reaction score
New to the forum. I just picked up this 98 GT. it is mostly stock. I was looking under the hood and this part on the crank pulley looked odd. I don't believe ford would use blue anodized parts from the factory. was wondering if anyone had any ideas what was up. This is my first mod motor so it is all new to me.
upload_2019-7-9_10-0-26.png

Silver95bird

Reaction score
one of those cheezy "timing adjusters" from about 1997?

i feel like i stepped out of a time machine. Did Austin Powers get a sequel yet?

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hammerdownracing

Reaction score
that doesn't sound good. It is a little doggy out of the hole. that could be from the timing if they changed it. any idea what it takes to put it back to stock?

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
Have not seen one of those in a long time
aftermarket kit for timing someone added
the pick up should be inside the chain cover and so should the part with the pick up gear on it

Last edited:

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You need a stock balancer bolt. Remove the bolt and timing adjuster, remove the bracket holding the crank sensor, then put the crank sensor in the stock location and install the stock balancer bolt. Easy peasy

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
And then youll find out if that front cover has been removed and timing wheel is missing...lol. Thats how my luck runs!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OP
OP
H

hammerdownracing

Reaction score
now that I know what it is I have found them online. looks like it is a steeda brand. when I get time I will pull it off and see if it makes any real difference.

RAU03MACH

Legend
Reaction score
now that I know what it is I have found them online. looks like it is a steeda brand. when I get time I will pull it off and see if it makes any real difference.
I really don't think so , but it is an aftermarket , like say you wanted to convert it over to carb set up or relocation , just a couple of samples of having it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online