what is your longtubes setup?

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
im gonna put longtubes on my car and i was wondering what setup everyone has and how you like it...i got a good deal on a shorty prochamber midpipe and i am prolly gonna buy a set of mac l/t's but i want to do a little research first...

ryclef331

Reaction score
MAC Longtubes and Mac Prochamber. I like. As many times as I've had them on and off...they still line up rather well.

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
ryclef331 said:
MAC Longtubes and Mac Prochamber. I like. As many times as I've had them on and off...they still line up rather well.

really? thats what scares me i heard mac headers warp and dont line up right...i dont want to take them off and then have to replace them...

ryclef331

Reaction score
I've had them for 4 years now and probably 20,000miles. They come off the car probably 8-9 times in that time. I only have a problem with one port. Its not even that much of a problem really. They aren't pretty buy any means either. For the money, they're worth it.

Stangbangin

Reaction score
Mac longtubes with mac prochamber with flowmaster 30's dumped.... I originally had shorts and off road H pipe.... the difference is crazy. Much more torque down low. Mos tlikely from the longtubs and the sound is wicked.

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
thats great to hear cuz thats the setup im going with except i got flowmaster 3 chamber out the tailpipes...do you need o2 sensor extenders for the wiring to plug into the longtubes?

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
i will hopefully be gettin my headers by the end of the week so does anyone have any advice or hints for the best way to put them on? i heard it was easier to put one in from the top and one from the bottom...anyone kno?

Stangbangin

Reaction score
I had a set of 02 sensor extensions in my garage from my dad's old 95 so I used those. Longtubes are actually not too bad if you know where to come from. The drive side should go in first from the top...Then you'll have to jack up the engine and lean it to one side and put the passenger on...it took me and my dad about an hour and a half for both....but he's run longtubes on his cars for yrs so this is not the first time (nor will be the last) we've done this install.

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
thanks a lot...ill definatly try that i need all the help i can get ill use that advice :)

GreenPony95

Reaction score
hey budd you get that shit installed yet? i got the 100% mac. long tubes of H n there after cat wit the 3.5inch tips. just dont have the 600$ to install it, cant wait !

OP
OP
S

SVTGizzi

Reaction score
no not installed yet...headers will arrive in the mail tomorrow but im goin out of town for the weekend so i wont be able to do them till next week but they will definatly get done ASAP

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online