What keeps you in an SN95?

GT3FC

Reaction score
Honestly I can say when I was first looking at mustangs I really wanted a S197 GT but I could not afford one. So I decided to start looking at SN95's. When I first started looking at SN95's I didn't really like them all too much at all, but then I went and looked at the SN95 I currently own and I just fell in love and made an offer as soon as I finished the test drive. After some problems with the bank and having nothing but problems getting the money from my bank I finally got the green light from the bank and I bought the car. Before owning my 02 GT I swore that I would never own a SN95, but as soon as I went to look at the 02 GT I own today I instantly changed my mind as soon as I saw the car and I fell in love as soon as I drove the car for the first time.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't know I love it but what keeps me in it , prolly the 5pt harness belts lol ... Or the shit tons of money I've spent on the restoration of the project

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The real question is, what doesnt keep me in an sn95.

First car, build it with my dad and is now a car completely built for me. I wouldn't give it up for anything.

Second, I love mustangs because of the aftermarket and the community. I also hate mustangs because of how common they are. However, in my area especially there are very few nice sn95s. So its still a mustang, but stands out a bit I think.

I'll admit they weren't on my top list of mustangs growing up, but once you give them a chance you see the real beauty of them. I've gotten multiple people tell me they don't normally like sn95s but have a different opinion because of my car. If I can share that with people its a good feeling.

Tommy92

Reaction score
Main reason I got into Mustangs was because I love cars and didn't want to drive a Corolla. I chose not to be in the "JDM" scene because I'm Asian and I didn't want to be just like all of them, they're annoying and they hate on everything non-JDM and I'm not like that, I respect any well built cars. I also loved the idea of having a muscle car in the garage with a Ford banner hanging over it. The rumble of a V8 and the idea of owning a piece of America drew me into Mustangs. I would love to own a 1964.5-1670 Mustang but it has to be my daily driver and I just cant trust old cars at the moment with my budget. BEsides that, it didn't hurt that I found loud sn95s sexy as hell :D

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear it isn't just the economy keeping people in these.
I feel like if enthusiasts don't preserve and mod them, they will fall to the wayside, just like the Mustang II.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
What keeps me in a sn95?

One big reason. I am 5'7 and anything 05+ makes me look like small kid driving the car around. I truly love the sports car feel that the sn95 brings to the table, my best friend says it fits like a "glove" because he owns the vert version of my hard top. I like that fact that with updated wheels, fresh paint, and updated headlights that it is really hard to tell what year the car is produced so that is a testament to its exterior design.

The sn95 is last generation of light mustangs since its built of on the improved version of the fox chasis. I haven't seen one new gen mustang come comes close to the 3100-3300lbs mark without significant weight reduction mods. Weight plays a important role when making more power. These cars only need to 500-600hp to the crank to be a sub 10-sec car versus the newer stuff. Do not get me wrong, the new technology makes making power really easy but the drawback is that the cars are 3800+ these days so therefore your seeing 700-800hp mustangs to be in the same category. I like that fact that when you jack up the rear of the car it takes almost no effort to do any type of servicing such as rear suspension mods or differential maintenance. I also like how the car feels light when steering it around corners compared to the heavier cars, you can even include the terminator (favorite) because the long block is 688lbs. The sn95's have the platform which can be destined for greatness but yet they came out from the factory very restricted and mediocre in some ways.

Lastly we are entering the era where they are becoming classics. Every time I drive mine it makes me feel like I am driving a time capsule because its just so clean. I plan on making it really unique buy turning it into a saleen replica in the future with real saleen parts.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I like how straight forward the old 5.0s are. That with the round body I love how they look slammed. There's a ton of parts available for reasonable prices and as much as the thing stabs me in the back. Problem after problem I still fix the damn thing and love it somehow. Lol

Sent via swagPhone 5.0 using Tapatalk

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
What keeps me in a sn95?

One big reason. I am 5'7 and anything 05+ makes me look like small kid driving the car around. I truly love the sports car feel that the sn95 brings to the table, my best friend says it fits like a "glove" because he owns the vert version of my hard top. I like that fact that with updated wheels, fresh paint, and updated headlights that it is really hard to tell what year the car is produced so that is a testament to its exterior design.

The sn95 is last generation of light mustangs since its built of on the improved version of the fox chasis. I haven't seen one new gen mustang come comes close to the 3100-3300lbs mark without significant weight reduction mods. Weight plays a important role when making more power. These cars only need to 500-600hp to the crank to be a sub 10-sec car versus the newer stuff. Do not get me wrong, the new technology makes making power really easy but the drawback is that the cars are 3800+ these days so therefore your seeing 700-800hp mustangs to be in the same category. I like that fact that when you jack up the rear of the car it takes almost no effort to do any type of servicing such as rear suspension mods or differential maintenance. I also like how the car feels light when steering it around corners compared to the heavier cars, you can even include the terminator (favorite) because the long block is 688lbs. The sn95's have the platform which can be destined for greatness but yet they came out from the factory very restricted and mediocre in some ways.

Lastly we are entering the era where they are becoming classics. Every time I drive mine it makes me feel like I am driving a time capsule because its just so clean. I plan on making it really unique buy turning it into a saleen replica in the future with real saleen parts.

I'm around the same height man so I feel you haha. Even with the seat all the way to the floor lowered I still feel tall lmao.

410sn95

Reaction score
The amount of money invested...

Same. Can't get my money out if I wanted too.

I thought it was the coolest new car out there when I started highschool (I am getting old). Now a days sn95's are lightweights (everything else weighs over 2 tons it seems.) It still has pushrods and I like pushrods (Again, guess I am getting old)

It's fun to blow the doors off the new cars and have them wonder why they just bought the latest and greatest hawtness and dont even own it. That goes for new American, Import or Euro.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Same here. The small cockpit feel makes me love the car like it built just for me.

Yeah same here. Except the stock seats are pretty uncomfortable, the leather ones anyway.. I feel like I'm always squirming around trying to get comfortable lol.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love my car...but I could push it off a cliff and love it for every second it falls and then implodes on itself once it hits the bottom of what I can only hope to be some pretty solid rocks/ your mother.

This post is pretty accurate.

TanTop94

Reaction score
This post is pretty accurate.

Haha right now it's alittle too accurate. Hey can you send me a picture of your passenger side fog light bracket? I'm having trouble getting mine off aka it's the reason for the cliff comment.

MRRRRCK

Reaction score
- The 94-98s are gorgeous, they have great lines and curves that the later models lack. Swap out the dated wheels and headlights, drop it a couple inches and you've a got a beautiful car.

- The 302 V8 is a wonderful engine; ridiculously cheap parts, and very easy to work on, and solid as a rock.

- The drive, I enjoy the excitement and passion of a V8 car....too many cars now are appliances, made for point A to B not for what happens in between. The Mustang isn't the fastest car you can buy, but I've driven mine across country several times and it is an excellent blend of comfort and excitement (but it should be, it's a grand touring car, not a sports car)

I plan to hold on to mine for life

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Same. Can't get my money out if I wanted too.

I thought it was the coolest new car out there when I started highschool (I am getting old). Now a days sn95's are lightweights (everything else weighs over 2 tons it seems.) It still has pushrods and I like pushrods (Again, guess I am getting old)

It's fun to blow the doors off the new cars and have them wonder why they just bought the latest and greatest hawtness and dont even own it. That goes for new American, Import or Euro.

Sounds familiar... I had just started high school when they switched from pushrods to mod motors.. My dream car has always been a '95 Cobra R and for the money I've invested into my '95 GT, I could own one...

Mack

Reaction score
I always say: ask a kid to draw a sports car, and it will draw an SN95 Mustang. The shape is just classic: low front, high end, side scoops, etc.

For me, the 98 Mustang in Bright Atlantic Blue is the most beautiful car ever made. The best color ever on the most honest sports car ever.

Even in the Netherlands, the S197 is not a rare car any more. The SN95 is - and mine is one of the best. It's different among regular cars, and it stands out among Mustangs. And it will only get rarer and rarer.

And the sound... omg it gives me the chills every single time.

I wouldn't trade it against anything.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online