What keeps you in an SN95?

Addermk2

Reaction score
Lately, I'm not sure. Probably because I'd have a hard time selling it while it isn't running.

Can't wait until its gone though. Plus the community has gone to shit. Seems like all the idiots are mustang owners nowadays...

Sent from my CyanMobileX Evo 4G

410sn95

Reaction score
Lately, I'm not sure. Probably because I'd have a hard time selling it while it isn't running.

Can't wait until its gone though. Plus the community has gone to shit. Seems like all the idiots are mustang owners nowadays...

Every community has its idiots... at least thats what I have seen around here in my area.

Back when I was more into the local scene, A lot of my older friends were VW/Audi and Import guys. They have the same idiots in their scene. Thats why I didn't limit myself to hanging around one make or model crowd at the time.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think there's anything wrong with the community at all.

You also have to realize these are 20 year old cars now and cheap. Lots of these cars are in younger peoples hands now. Which isn't a bad thing as it keeps fueling the cause. But yes there's going to be so ignorance. That's why places like this community exist, to share information and ideas.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
If I sold it I wouldn't get what I want from it. And if I sold it I'd want something better, newer, faster all of which would cost a lot more. I wanted it hardcore back in the day and saved up and bought it but not knowing all that I do now kind of sucks. This white paint is about to start to flake off (unnecessary expenditure imo, damn ford), it has crummy B heads, it rides like complete crap but has a nice stance, still not low enough, exhaust scrapes everywhere, nobody likes them, women don't like them unless they are 40+, the 4V modding game is super expensive (for a part time worker, college kid).

So basically I'm stuck with the car. I'd much prefer an EVO or STi but those are out of my price range and they are no where near as reliable as my 4.6 mustang. But I do love that I can beat most stage 2 STis and I do surprise quite a bit of people when they get beat by my old sn95.

Its a love hate relationship. I'm scared to dump money into LTs (gonna set me back ~$1300), and an SRI ($700ish) on this old pile when paint woes are right around the corner and knowing that if I sold it I'd lose so much money. I know cars aren't investments but cmon! lol

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
If I had a mach 1 I wouldn't even post in this thread though haha. Mach 1's are loveable haha. Newer, none of the gay mechanical dummy gauges, C HEADS, faster, awesome color choices and just look plain awesome. None for sale locally besides one that's been for sale at a dealership for 2 years now, that must be no good because its really low mile and they only want $9k for it.

But at the same time I'm super thankful for what I have! Its such a sexy car and even the tons of import nut huggers in the area tell me that. It is decently quick especially for what I come up against locally. But it does suck that a lot of my friends have brand new 5.0s because they're all rich kids.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Plus the community has gone to shit. Seems like all the idiots are mustang owners nowadays...

I wouldn't really say that the community has "gone to shit" but as the value of these cars continue to decline, there's an apparent shift in the member base to primarily high school kids and early 20-something year olds. These days, a GT can be obtained for a couple grand or less, whereas before they were well above the level of being something that a 16 or 17 year old kid could afford. A lot of the older folks have moved on to other things.

Addermk2

Reaction score
So basically I'm stuck with the car. I'd much prefer an EVO or STi but those are out of my price range and they are no where near as reliable as my 4.6 mustang. But I do love that I can beat most stage 2 STis and I do surprise quite a bit of people when they get beat by my old sn95.

Its funny that you say that, as there aren't many mustangs around that can hang with my WRX. The only ones who can are the 10+ crowd and the FI guys.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
Mine has been paid off for @ 15 years so no reason to get rid of it.

I agree. Paid off means more money for modifications or simply your wallet is a lot heavier.

Yeah same here. Except the stock seats are pretty uncomfortable, the leather ones anyway.. I feel like I'm always squirming around trying to get comfortable lol.

I heard that the sn95 mustang interior seats are a lot better than the new edge. When the bolster foam wears out they suck bad, so get them replaceed/built and it will be brand new again. I haven't done mine yet.

- The 94-98s are gorgeous, they have great lines and curves that the later models lack. Swap out the dated wheels and headlights, drop it a couple inches and you've a got a beautiful car.

- The 302 V8 is a wonderful engine; ridiculously cheap parts, and very easy to work on, and solid as a rock.

- The drive, I enjoy the excitement and passion of a V8 car....too many cars now are appliances, made for point A to B not for what happens in between. The Mustang isn't the fastest car you can buy, but I've driven mine across country several times and it is an excellent blend of comfort and excitement (but it should be, it's a grand touring car, not a sports car)

I plan to hold on to mine for life

This car tends to embodies all of them. Its a muscle car, sports car, and grand touring car hence "GT" name.

JerZeyStangz

Reaction score
I wouldn't really say that the community has "gone to shit" but as the value of these cars continue to decline, there's an apparent shift in the member base to primarily high school kids and early 20-something year olds. These days, a GT can be obtained for a couple grand or less, whereas before they were well above the level of being something that a 16 or 17 year old kid could afford. A lot of the older folks have moved on to other things.

This is true. I bought mine when I was 17 and had it almost 10 years. The younger kids are getting their hands on them, some of them will respect/restore them others will abuse but at the end of the day there are not a lot sn95 cars out like it was 10-12 years ago. You can't even find a good fox these days.

1997GT4.6

Reaction score
Its funny that you say that, as there aren't many mustangs around that can hang with my WRX. The only ones who can are the 10+ crowd and the FI guys.

You said yours was a mid 12 sec car right? From a dig I wouldn't stand a chance since mine driven at its best is a super high 12 sec car, but normally a super low 13 sec car. But from a roll the subies I've raced have all lost to my old 4V. I'm just x pipe, catback, and 4.10s and I've been told I have the driver mod. The most notable one was a stage 2 STi that dynoed 292/320. More power than my car lol. I have videos of a few of these races. and there have been multiple witnesses. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying I can beat all of them, but my cobra has done me proud so far. Subies from a dig are no joke, I wouldn't stand a chance. Man I want one but my overall expenditures would increase.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I feel you on the fit, I am 5'8

And Opal Frost is a nice color I think.

Better than Legend Lime...

ALS97GT

Reaction score
i have grown up chevy. everything chevy. bought an 89 iroc, rocked the mullet. put a bunch of money into making it fast. then drove my buddys 03 mustang GT with bolt ons and the exhaust and manual trans was fun. decided its too hard to find a 5 speed iroc, and didnt have another car to be able to DD while doing a 5 speed swap. so sold it, and bought a 97 GT. took the car on the power tour and fell in love. unfortunately i got the motorcycle itch, sold the car for a harley. that was short lived. ended up buying a 97 cobra nitrous car. took it to the strip all the time, ran 11.90s all day on the nitrous and slicks, best time of 11.86. then half way down the strip i threw a rod. was so upset, sold the car and bought another harley and rode with a bunch of my buddies the last two years. well i got word that my cobra had passed through a couple owners, had changed alot. but was for sale again. sold the bike, and drove down to St Louis and bought my car back, brought it home on a car trailer in a snowstorm in january. missed the car too much the last 2 years. and now its gonna be in my garage for good. it needs some work, and has been neglected a bit. but ill make it back to where i had it. Thinkin autocross this time instead of drag racing it. we will see.

That being said, i am still a camaro fan as well. Through all of that, I still have the 1967 camaro ive had since i was 15. thats my cruiser. i put a t56 6 speed in it, nice mild 350, corbeau seats for more support, and i rock the hell out of it! oh and have a harley again too haha i love my toys.

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Grown up Mustang and my first car was a SN95 and since then have owned 7...

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I love every year mustang ever made! I have no choice pic of any style because all years are considered art to me. My eyes trace every inch of the body lines, studying the beast as if im going to seduce the machine.
I remember being in the back of my moms '91 Z28she still has with original 75,000miles) and seeing the new style '94 Mustang Gt. It was canary yellow and pure sexy!!! I loved it!! And I kinda felt bad the beautiful car saw me in the cheby junk...lol. But I got me a black one!!

97NYstanGT

Reaction score
Here's my reason, honestly the reason for my first sn95 (95 v6) was because it was the cheapest car I could find at that time ( got it for $750). Learned stick, got into mustangs clubs and fell in love with the body. My next one was 97gt, and that was my pride and joy, it had a ton of bolt ons, massive amount of toque and that beautiful sound of catless exhaust.
FORD ( fix or repair daily) is pretty accurate, it had to be touched on a weekly basis, which I actually liked for some reason, everything was extremely easy to fix and take care of, not many things that can go wrong with it.
Most of all, I loved going sideways on it, and it went sideways a lot, tried to kill me a few times when I nailed on her, but never got me in big trouble. Cops loved my car and let me slide with some minor things
Right now I have an SVT focus, and don't get me wrong, I love the 170hp it has, the sound, outstanding handling, and 6speeds, while getting 20+ mpg, but I really miss that v8 torque and mechanical simplicity. If I could still have her, I would've still been tearing pavement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SWFLGT

Reaction score
I have always loved the sn95 body, in high school a buddy had a brand new 98 and I had an 85. I was always envious of that car. I drove the 85 for a while and crashed it. When the opportunity came around last year I decided I wanted the sn95 body even though it isn't the latest and greatest. I do like the new cars but this one I like more, it's more affordable and there are parts lists miles long so I thought it would be the best fit for me.

punched281

Reaction score
My reason is that I have spent the last three years of blood sweat and beers making this sn95 mine. There is no way in hell I will ever get rid of it unless I absolutely have to. I have put more hours into my car than I have spent sitting in a class room for college.

Plus I can make my sn95 a hell of a horse power machine for the money I would be paying to upgrage to a new v8 or even a v6. Shit just with the registration and taxes I could do a lot to my car.... maybe even buy another project car for that matter.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vallybell

Members online

No members online now.