What keeps you in an SN95?

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
Before I get flamed, I am honestly curious.
I am not knocking it by any means, I have one, have had another, I like them.

But I am talking with the way the world is working lately, 300 HP six bangers, all the creature comforts, 400 HP seems to be the v8 standard.

So my question is to the individual, why do you not move forward?

Myself, I have been playing in the 05+ range a bit, and came back for a few reasons.
Costs, everything is cheaper. I can't think of anyone who would deny that as being a good thing!
Looks, the 2010 lost me. I love the 05-09, I really do. But the 94-98 Just had something I liked. But truth be told, my ideal modern car would be a Torch Red Mach...:tongue3:
Old school: I love having a throttle cable, mechanical gauges, etc. I like things I am familiar with, can work on.
Charm of driving an old car. Mine alone is nearly 19 years old. Runs fine, feels nice on the road, not as refined as my 05 or 06, or 09 were. But considering, it's a great ride.

All in all, I personally like it because it takes me back, being able to park it, and tear it apart and put it back together.
Less electronics, and I think the 2v sounds amazing. The 4v is better, but I always felt my 3v sounded a tad high pitched...maybe it was just me. Oh, and insurance lol, that's dirt cheap. More money for parts.

But I was wondering why everyone else stays in these?
The 94-98 are called by many a chick design, I've even heard them compared to a mustang II.

But was just hoping to glean some insight from everyone.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Here's my take or 2 cents on SN95s.. I completely fell in love with my car when I found it online. It was close to 2 years ago, I was 16 and found a black on black (my favorite combination) 1995 5.0 Mustang. Saw it in person, test drove it and I was sold.. I love the curves our cars have, which makes them unique. For 94-95s, the legendary 5.0s although with a whopping 215 ponies, not much to brag about. People who hate on the SN95s are mostly your typical, foxbodies are king shit of the 5.0s and yadda yadda.. I love the fact that SN95s are getting pretty rare, especially where I am. I have a one of a kind car, there's a million coyotes, S197s, new edges, foxbodies.. But actual 1994-1998s, not that many. My car is 19 years old, and honestly I'd take it over a new car anyday.. It's not a common car in any way, shape or form in my opinion. Sure the 5.0s have the bastard computers, extra weight, shitty stock gearing.. But all of that can be changed, and I knew that when I got mine. You know what helps make all of it worth it? Pulling up to the gas station and having a complete stranger give you a thumbs up, having a chick scream over your blasting stereo at a stop light that she loves the car, other people saying I never like this body style, but shit I love yours.. Its just the icing on the cake for me. Yeah it doesn't ride exactly smooth, but I'm content with that. Newer cars don't make you feel the bumps, which is nice but I'd rather have a little more of a bumpy ride and know all the time that I'm in a mustang, not a cadillac. I would love to get a new edge cobra, but money reasons and personal reasons I cannot part ways with my car. I'm way too attatched to get rid of it, I'd have to put it in storage and keep it if I chose to get another.. Overall I just love the car, its curvy lines, fat and wide ass, unique design, interior.. And in my eyes, my 19 year old mustang with like 85% factory paint is cleaner than most newer cars around where I am. Its pretty cool when people say what kinda car you drive, 95 Mustang.. 5.0 ? Yep, damn thats really cool, last of the 5.0s.. Everyone gets a kick outta it. Around my area, I can count on one hand the amount of clean 1994-1998s, most are resprayed shitboxes or beat up sixxers.. I'm unique where I'm at, and so is a lot of things I chose to do on my car, so that's where I stand.And to add to the 300hp sixxers and other comment you wrote. I myself will never own a V6 Mustang, no offense to anyone on here but it does absolutely nothing for me and its a personal choice. My dad told me, you get a mustang, get one with a V8 or you'll never be happy with it, and you know what he was right. Sure I could sell mine and get a 2011 V6 with 300 hp, but theres no fun in that no matter what anyone says, you will never convince me otherwise. I could get a newer coyote, or a 05-09 GT, but I'd rather build what I have and make it just as fast, if not faster than the newer ones.. All while being a 19 year old outdated Mustang.

ElrodKTPQ_89

Legend
Reaction score
Because I've dumped 6 grand into bringin one back to life and can't justify selling it when I'm done.
In all seriousness though, I used to hate this body style then fell in love with em. And I love the sound of a pushrod 5.0! The image in my mind of what I want my car to be when I'm done is enough to keep it around for me!

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's simple; I don't have the money to buy something else at the moment.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I love the new edge. It's my favorite body style. I hear the "chick car" comment a lot from other mustang fanatics, mainly those who favor the 05+. I also get flamed from time to time because I prefer convertibles... again, chick car. But, who cares? I enjoy cruising in the summer in style. It's just a matter of preference really.

Personally, I have a lot of nostalgia for the SN95 because my first "sports car" was a 99 v6 vert. It brought me a lot of good memories that I enjoy replicating. I like working on them because I'm familiar with them. I like the idea of having an "older" car, but yet still modern. (OBD-II anyone?) Parts are cheap. Maintenance is easy. Upgrades are relatively inexpensive. etc etc.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I agree with many up here.
I didn't own my first sn95 until I owned my first Fox.
I agree with the V6 thing.
My first was ignorance.
This one was circumstance.
But I have always favored a v8.
I had a mid 12 second 4.0, but it never had that sound.
My 06 GT was awesome in all rights, minus the degree I felt I needed to work on parts of it.
The 05 I have now is the shadow of the 06 someone wrecked. I was going to v8 swap, but saw the 2 SN95s and made a decision, rock it old school.

I don't regret any of it. Besides, manual windows?! Love em!!

They are hard to find anymore, either gutted, riced out, straight crap, or a v6.
I've gotten a few thumbs up from some old guys around town, said they don't see anyone driving these anymore.

Everyone wants that power and gps, with the backup cameras.

I have a rather bare bones coupe with a 5 speed and v8, and I don't see myself selling it. And I've only dumped about $900 into it.

GT Rob

Reaction score
Cheaper to keep it and I can't see having a payment of $500 plus. I know people that had newer mustang and had to sell because of the payments and mods are not cheap

slow90coupe

Reaction score
The only reason I'm going to be keeping mine forever is it is too nice to get rid of and I feel that I'm the only one that can take care of it the way it deserves to be taken care of. I know that if I sell it, the next owner will rag it out and treat it terrible, so I'll just hang on to it and drive it a few times a year.

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I agree with mods...2011+ Axlebacks...two little mufflers, running the same as a full catback!?

RichV

Reaction score
I own a 85 SVO, a 94 GT, and a 05 GT. The 05 is new to me, so still learning all that.

But the Foxes and moving to the 94-04 (not much different on the chassis), they all feel familiar. And the best thing about any 79-04 is the aftermarket is huge. You can build it any way you please, and any of them turn heads with the right exhaust note and stance.

GT Rob

Reaction score
The funny thing about the guys I know they that sold there car one has a sn and the others drive family cars and hateing the there not in the mustang seen

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
Gotta love the raw feel of the fox chassis
the shifter that's actually bolted to the damn trans not all this remote linkage bullsh*t
theyre cheap like you can work at Mickey ds and still afford a half decent one.
They have a lot of potential. Want it to run like a 05-09? Drop 2k on a 3v swap or 4-10k on a coyote swap.
The interior is awesome. one of the things I miss most of my old snive is the black interior made out of softer plastics and vinyl. I'd hit it with some Meg's high gloss interior dressing and it looked like everything was made out of leather.

two years after I sold my snive I ended up with a s197. I just got a deal I couldn't pass up.

Mustang Mark

Reaction score
I agree with mods...2011+ Axlebacks...two little mufflers, running the same as a full catback!?

Hell it's everything from 05+ I can only imagine what their profit margin is like on those. 2 18" pieces of pipe 2 mufflers and 2 tips all for $400-800! It's effin rediculous.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I was 18 and back from my first weekend from my first freshman year in late '93. My folks were always concervative people and when they said they were going to look at a new car for mom I didn't see a need to get excited. She had been driving a 87 ford tempo up till 93 and I figured they would go and get another exciting car like that. But then they said they were going to look at the new mustangs... At that point it was announced it was changing in 94 and there had only started to release pics of it but I was amazed when we got to the dealership they ordered a new DFG 94 gt. at 18 with a new mustang in the garage how could I not fall in love? I begged her to sell it to me for the next 11 years but thankfully she waited till I had a job and could afford it. I think with in 48 hrs of having it one of my buddies called it the momstang and I can't say I was that excited to find that the name stuck but now years later its not offensive.

Twista

Legend
Reaction score
I'm broke. This if my second car. First car was my 97gt which caught on fire. This is my second and I got it because I'm broke and there cheaper and I still get the v8 mustang exhaust I love so much. If I had money I'll have a 03 04 cobra

* Sent from tapatalk while sitting on the toilet at work*

OP
OP
Leo 5.0

Leo 5.0

Reaction score
I will agree, she rides rough compared to my s197s.
Hell my 4.0 doesn't have a rear sway bar and tends to corner a bit better.
That could also be I am more familiar with it. Racked up much more driving time.
I haven't put 2 tanks of mileage on the GT since I grabbed it. Weather is crummy.

But it is unrefined. It rides a bit rougher(age shows)

Mine has no power windows, seats, or CD player(well I bought one for it)
It has cruise, and rear defrosters, and power side mirrors.
The t45 shifts smoothly, reverse works, I'm happy.
T-lok works, lays a good set of tire marks, lights work, and it still dings at me when the key is in.
Cloth seats, black interior, and that oddball cup holder, and two change slots lol

It does everything I want it to do.
It always feels odd to drive it when I DD the 05, night and day. But in a good way, for me anyway.

And well I like that it's paid off, it costs less than $80 for insurance, and well as long as the body holds, I plan to keep it.
I loved my 97, really loved it with the 5.4 on the autobahn.

The point was, they can be had cheap.
They are good sleepers, most figure even with exhaust it is dirt slow. And they remind me of simpler times. I still have my old cassette collection and not a day goes by when I don't want to buy a tape deck to put in it.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Because I put so much ****in money into mine that I'd lose my ass on it

And I can't afford a gt500 lol

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MadStang

Reaction score
what keeps me in the sn95 chassis? cheap and easy horsepower with a very basic suspension that has a huge aftermarket support. I don't think I'd ever go back to using one as a daily driver though, too much of a pain in the ass.

TanTop94

Reaction score
I love my car...but I could push it off a cliff and love it for every second it falls and then implodes on itself once it hits the bottom of what I can only hope to be some pretty solid rocks/ your mother.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online