What kind of rims and headlights do I have?

GhostCat

Reaction score
sketch-1552842077159-693x540.png sketch-1552841702388-696x540.png sketch-1552841582994-673x540.png Recently purchased a '95 v6 mustang. The person that sold it to me changed the original rims and headlights. They didn't bother telling me that or which they installed on it. I didn't know since it was my first mustang. It wasn't until I look at other mustangs of the same year that I realized that they were different lol. Anyone here can tell me what kind they are? I'm really curious.

delling3

Reaction score
Looks like the headlights are aftermarket, one piece style lights. Stock would be two pieces, with a turn indicator and a fluted lens heahlight.

As for the rims, they appear to be off a 2005 - 2010 mustang.

OP
OP
GhostCat

GhostCat

Reaction score
Looks like the headlights are aftermarket, one piece style lights. Stock would be two pieces, with a turn indicator and a fluted lens heahlight.

As for the rims, they appear to be off a 2005 - 2010 mustang.
so the rims from a newer mustang? Interesting. That mean the headlights and taillights are probably from newer mustangs as well?

delling3

Reaction score
so the rims from a newer mustang? Interesting. That mean the headlights and taillights are probably from newer mustangs as well?

No. The lights are unique to the 1994 - 1998 Mustangs. They are aftermarket lights intended to modernize the look of front of the car. Some people like the look, others not so much.

The wheels from most any mustang post 1993 have the same lug pattern, so wheels can easily interchange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
GhostCat

GhostCat

Reaction score
No. The lights are unique to the 1994 - 1998 Mustangs. They are aftermarket lights intended to modernize the look of front of the car. Some people like the look, others not so much.

The wheels from most any mustang post 1993 have the same lug pattern, so wheels can easily interchange.

gotcha. So the taillights are from the same '94 to '98 era? I personally am happy with the modern look of the headlights.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Headlights and wheels look great! Taillights....uhm...not my taste. Maybe nightshade spraypaint them. Also the car needs mor low

OP
OP
GhostCat

GhostCat

Reaction score
Headlights and wheels look great! Taillights....uhm...not my taste. Maybe nightshade spraypaint them. Also the car needs mor low
nightshade spraypaint? Is that hard to do?

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Last edited:

07GtS197

Reaction score
Those actually look like s550 rims, not that it really matters

OP
OP
GhostCat

GhostCat

Reaction score
it needs a good clear over it but it isn't that bad

I am just bustin yer balls on the tail lights but in general that style has not been very popular.

its ok. I like the style. Do you know what year the tail lights are from?

OP
OP
GhostCat

GhostCat

Reaction score
ok thanks everyone for the clear up on my car. It feels better knowing what mods it has. I plan on doing other mods on it as well. Already added a CAI and plan on changing the grille to a black one. If anyone as any other suggestions for me let me know. Im still kind of new to all this.

delling3

Reaction score
You'll probably get more response suggestions if you tell us what your plans are for the car. Is it going to be a daily driver, weekend cruiser, etc. Cosmetic modifications (pretty much all the stuff already discussed) are very personal - only you know what you like, and you are the only one who has to be happy with the result. You'll likely get lots of opinions, but you know what they say about opinions . . .

If you are talking about performance related modifications, it will again to help to know what your plans are for the car, and just as importantly give an idea of what your budget and skill level is. Not much point in spending a lot of time talking about adding a turbo or supercharger if your goal is a reliable daily driver on a minimal budget.

OP
OP
GhostCat

GhostCat

Reaction score
You'll probably get more response suggestions if you tell us what your plans are for the car. Is it going to be a daily driver, weekend cruiser, etc. Cosmetic modifications (pretty much all the stuff already discussed) are very personal - only you know what you like, and you are the only one who has to be happy with the result. You'll likely get lots of opinions, but you know what they say about opinions . . .

If you are talking about performance related modifications, it will again to help to know what your plans are for the car, and just as importantly give an idea of what your budget and skill level is. Not much point in spending a lot of time talking about adding a turbo or supercharger if your goal is a reliable daily driver on a minimal budget.

Thanks. yeah its gonna be a daily driver. I dont plan to spend to much money on it. SO I dont plan to have anything to expensive installed. Im a novice at this whole car modding thing. Im happy with the mods already done to it. I just wouldnt mind hearing other peoples opinion on what else i can do to it as far as cosmetics go.

Last edited:

lutter94

Reaction score
The grill behind the running pony is aftermarket. Stock is nothing there. It's a 94/95, it needs the horizontal tails! Represent the little things. Looks like the taillight bezels need touched up. Also, are the tails full of moisture? I would be looking into a stock set of 96-98's (since you already have the teal bezels). 94/95 you'd have to find a teal set, or get them painted. The bezels are not seperate from the lights like they are on the 96/98's.

The paint looks pretty good to me. Better than mine, I have a lot of clear coat off the front end. It needs a repaint bad.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online