What long tube headers will fit

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Hi all I have a full Mac Pro chamber exhaust from the headers to the tail pipe but the headers are old and need changing. Will other brands of long tube headers fit the rest of the Mac Pro exhaust system?

98'Coco'GtVert

Reaction score
Hi all I have a full Mac Pro chamber exhaust from the headers to the tail pipe but the headers are old and need changing. Will other brands of long tube headers fit the rest of the Mac Pro exhaust system?
Finish it off with mac ceramic longtubes & call it eben bud, trust im doing the same in a few weeks & you will be happy with the setup [emoji1686][emoji817]

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Changing the headers length means you will need a new mid pipe as well. You can probably swap shorty's with no problem but long tubes go back further so the mid pipe is shorter

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
you may or may not be aware as well that long tubes are a pretty good pain in the ass to install. At the very least you need to make some space between the motor and the K-member but jacking the motor a few inches can take hours if you do not have the equipment or space.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
My engine is currently out of the car awaiting the release and pilot bearing mate so I will fit them while the engine is on the stand

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
its not just you after a quick search I don't seem to see them either. After what they charged for the bearings I sent to you I am afraid to know what shipping on these would be. But happy to help when I can

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
Cheers mate don’t suppose anyone knows of a discount code for Mac performance?
BB4708EF-C1C0-472C-9CA4-178A4B0E10A4.png

TheOdessa

Reaction score
Sorry I know I’m late to this but I went through this when I did long tubes.

BBK long tubes will only fit BBK shorty mid pipes and Mac long tubes will only fit Mac mid pipes.

Sure you could get an exhaust shop to fab something up but if you want a true fit application you have to pair them.

I was in the Mac vs BBK dilemma and chose BBK for two reasons. First, where the long tubes connect to the block Mac does it separately. But that I mean there is no solid steel to connect it all. Mac connects each tube to the block separately. I’ve read this can lead to issues down the road from stress cracks.

Secondly I have a Mac flowpath cat back sitting in my garage. I now have stingers Installed. Let’s just say it wasn’t exactly the best welding I’ve seen and the fit sucked. If you google Mac products in general you’ll see others complain about this.

While Mac makes some great sounding mufflers like the flowpath and innovative mid pipes like the pro chamber, I just didn’t have faith in chancing it with something like long tubes.

With all that said I couldn’t be happier with my BBK ceramic long tubes, BBK shorty H pipe that I welded Magnaflow metallic 200 cell count high flow cats into and stingers. All fit like a glove and sounds good.

To answer your discount question, in 10 years of being in the stang scene I’ve never seen them offer a discount code and they will charge you shipping. Their customer service is tough too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOdessa

Reaction score
What long tube and mid pipe and cat back set up did you go with?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
My Mac system has been on the car since before 2012, this system was on the car when it was brought of from the states to the UK. The price to get long tubes headers shipped to the UK is stupid but I have no other option

TheOdessa

Reaction score
My Mac system has been on the car since before 2012, this system was on the car when it was brought of from the states to the UK. The price to get long tubes headers shipped to the UK is stupid but I have no other option

To the UK - look at you! Are Mustangs rare over there?

Now I understand the cheers mate comment lol

TheOdessa

Reaction score
yea he doesn't sound like he is from oklahoma huh?

One of my biggest clients is from the UK but lives state side and talks the same. Wasn't sure if Adam was in the same boat.

I could only imagine how difficult it could get getting parts for a Mustang overseas.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
All our parts for these cars have to come from the states. There are companies in the uk that sell the parts but they don’t have anything in stock,
Put it this way, MAC long tubes headers cost $543 by the time they are in the uk I would of paid after the tax and VAT is added $995

TheOdessa

Reaction score
All our parts for these cars have to come from the states. There are companies in the uk that sell the parts but they don’t have anything in stock,
Put it this way, MAC long tubes headers cost $543 by the time they are in the uk I would of paid after the tax and VAT is added $995

WOW. wow. Wow.

Why don't you get someone you trust state side purchase them and send them over as a "gift"?

Probably easier said then done.

Sounds like it's similar to when we State side want parts for foreign cars.

OP
OP
Adam Vinnicombe

Adam Vinnicombe

Reaction score
I’ve all ready looked into that and the max value a gift can be before tax and vat kick in is £35 plus a set of LT headers do not qualify as a gift

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online