What longtubes allow trans removal?

1bad95

Reaction score
Looking to pickup a set of longtubes in the near future. Looking at the SLP longtubes now with their matching catted x. Some say you can pull the trans without removing a header but others are saying its not possible. Just wondering who here has longtubes, what set you have and if you can or cannot remove the trans.

Thanks guys!

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
I had the bbk shorties on my 95, they were pretty nice. Figment and look was nice. Def not going for their long tubes though

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sinned83

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the Mac set will allow you too. Maybe Joey will chime in, he did the swap

OP
OP

1bad95

Reaction score
Ended up buying the american racing headers longtubes. I believe I can still get it pulled with them

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Sinned83

Reaction score
I've heard many good things about those headers

alex302

Reaction score
the mac long tubes on my 4v made it a ***** to remove the trans, i fought them and in the end i had to loosen the passenger side to get the trans in and out. my only saving grace was my MM k member that made some what easy to get to the bolts...

Ninety8stang

Reaction score
I have JBA LT's and i've had my trans out twice with them still installed. It's kind of a pain in the ass but if you rotate the tail of the transmission toward the drivers side once it is unbolted that gave me enough room to squeeze the bell housing through the gap of the passenger and driver side collectors.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Speaking of bellhousing,...you just made me remember. ...when the trannies are dropped....take a saw and cut that giant tab located on the passenger side of the bellhousing. That tab interferes with the floor pan and creates a catty-wompus for the tranny removal/install.