What lowering springs to get?

Reaction score
There are sp many on eBay, some less than$100 but I don't want no crap

Cpotts13

Reaction score
if you dont want crap promptly exit out of ebay.
unless it is name brand used springs..

You have to give us more info then that... what do you want?
Do you want to lower it it? Lift it? Same Height? Softer? Firmer? Etc..

OP
OP

Reaction score
1.5 lowering springs. I saw some bbk, and eibach, on eBay, I might just order from american muscle, or latemodel

RICE ETR

Reaction score
Cheapest springs i'd suggest are the Lotek's off ebay for $60 or so. They are made by Dropzone, for people that have been in the car scene for a while (8+ years ago) they were known but not overly popular.

Anyhoo, from what i've seen in person and from the odd review online is they're are good budget spring. These seem to lower the SN95 substantially in the front and a little in the rear.

What i've personally used in previous cars:
Tein
Eibach
H&R

I would not hesitate to purchase Eibach or H&R again.

OP
OP

Reaction score
I think I found what I want, rs performance lowering springs with camber plates for $269

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend a penny on any sort of aftermarket spring if I didnt already have a set of proper shocks and struts... sure it would work, but it would ride like crap and blow shortly following.

I say H&R all the way, but if i had to do cheap springs Id do the American muscle brand SR springs and cc plates..

OP
OP

Reaction score
I'm getting shocks from american muscle too

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
You want it slammed? Or just lowered and less 4x4 ish ? 1.5'' drop will do that. Or you can do ford racing B springs, cut 1 coil off those and not need CC plates.

TanTop94

Reaction score
You want it slammed? Or just lowered and less 4x4 ish ? 1.5'' drop will do that. Or you can do ford racing B springs, cut 1 coil off those and not need CC plates.

I would always suggest getting cc plates, honestly I dont see how you could ever get the car back into somewhat of a spec alignment without them after lowering it. Having lowering my car on H&R and trying to just use CC bolts. It was a joke, then I was short on money and bought UPR CC Plates, even bigger of a joke cause I maxed out the camber on them. It will eat your tires up if you dont do it right.

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Racing guys 2" lowering springs: $70
Having my friend over for an afternoon: $20 in food
Not having [MENTION=17616]the5.ohh[/MENTION]'s stance: priceless
( sorry Joe LOL)
m1XTJQ5.jpg

32oYn1F.jpg

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
I would always suggest getting cc plates, honestly I dont see how you could ever get the car back into somewhat of a spec alignment without them after lowering it. Having lowering my car on H&R and trying to just use CC bolts. It was a joke, then I was short on money and bought UPR CC Plates, even bigger of a joke cause I maxed out the camber on them. It will eat your tires up if you dont do it right.

Good point. Every car is diff tho. A guy with a 05 GT, lowered his 2'' got a perfect alignment without CC plates, camber bolts. But if you go like 1.5'' + CC plates is what I'd get for sure

TanTop94

Reaction score
Good point. Every car is diff tho. A guy with a 05 GT, lowered his 2'' got a perfect alignment without CC plates, camber bolts. But if you go like 1.5'' + CC plates is what I'd get for sure

I havent played with an 05 GT, but arent there suspensions set up differently than ours?

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I havent played with an 05 GT, but arent there suspensions set up differently than ours?

Yes they are. Springs go on the struts as appose to be separate.
Rear I think is basically the same though.

S197 Front:
32o3tdD.jpg

S197 Rear:
6mgE0dr.jpg

I can't find any diagrams on sn95 suspensions but I'm pretty sure everyone here is familiar with those right? Lol

Crapatalkin' on the iPhone 5.0

OP
OP

Reaction score
Fivepointslow, my fellow skirtless and wingless brethren, you have probably the best sn95 I've seen.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score

Me either. The front is a bit different but kinda same concept. When i asked the guy how much you dropped it, he said a little over 2". Looks insane. I was like CC plates? nope not needed. I was shocked lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online