What MAF to run on 94 gt

crcrawford87

Reaction score
I am in the process of re-assembling a 94 get that I picked up. I am not sure what brand the maf is that came with the car, I have been trying to figure out what to run but I am a carb guy. I was looking at pro-m maf and was thinking about one of those but wasn't sure what the best bet was? Motor is a 306 with 10:1 compression, ported gt-40y heads, ported explorer intake and trick flow track max cam and springs, 1.6 rockers.
Thanks for any help!

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
Don't get a weighted maf. I took a pro-m into the tuner years ago after a HCI swap and when he saw it he was not happy. He ended up taking the internals out of the stock maf and putting it inside the pro-m maf to fix it and said that a weighted maf is like going on a diet by switching the scale you weigh yourself on. Suddenly you just lost 25 lbs !? Your at the point you will need a tune so it might be better to ask your tuner what he prefers rather then us.

Mustanger

Reaction score
How about the Lightning MAF for our 94-95's? Will they work? Why can't you just buy the BBK MAF calibrated for your injector size & go? (I need edumacation on this topic!) Very interested in this post. Thanks.

lutter94

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as Mustanger. Starting to piece parts together, and was curious about the MAF.

Mustanger

Reaction score
I already have the 95 Cobra intake, Ecam, Have picked out the AFR Renegade 165 heads I want...have a new OEM 65mm Ford Racing Throttle body...BBK Cold air, and was looking for a good MAF....Lightning MAF recalibrated for 24# or a new BBK/Pmas? I also know I want a better fuel pump & regulator...I think my fuel rails are adequate for my mild build...I plan on a SCT chip & a tune all at the same time....What am I off base with?

lutter94

Reaction score
I would prefer to tune my own car, what would I need to do that?

Megasquirt. A couple builds on here with it. There's gotta be other options as well, but thats the one I have experience with (Datsun 280z installation, complete rewire)

Magic

Reaction score
...I plan on a SCT chip & a tune all at the same time....

Who is tuning it?
Ask the tuner what MAF they prefer to work with. They will most likely prefer to work with a stock maf (70mm, or 80mm or a 90mm Lightning/Cobra-maf) or an SCT BA series MAF.

mcglsr2

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
With MegaSquirt, you will have the option of eliminating the MAF and running Speed Density ;)

As for tuning, lots of options, depending on your desire, budget, level of expertise/willingness to learn. You can have a "stock" EECIV tuned, you can get a MegaSquirt PNP, a full on MegaSquirt where you get to wire your own harness, AEM, FAST, other standalones. You should be able to find people to help (or do it completely) tune any of those options.

Firefighter181

Reaction score
I was looking at the PnP Megasquirt as an option but with an AODE I have to also find something to control the transmission, or manually shift it. That sounds like kind of a pita, and for the money for a controller a 5 speed swap would be an near equal expendature.

That being said the Megasquirt G2 EEC4B8 I think would be the way to go, can ditch the MAF all together and it is a direct plug in replacement for the stock computer.

https://www.diyautotune.com/product/megasquirtpnp-g2-eec4b8-for-94-95-ford-mustang-5-0-manual-trans/

Yeah it is a bit spendy, but have a car tuned more than once and it pays for it self for the most part. That and you can tune it however you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Staff online

Members online