What Midpipe do i pick?

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Im looking to get a Midpipe. The parts catalog im looking in lists them like this.......h pipe with shorty headers, h pipe with full length headers and so on. What bolts up to my stock headers?

BTW, I have a Mac Exhaust and was thinking of going with the Off Road Pro Chamber? Any Ideas How It Will Sound?

Matt94GT

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Prochamber is slightly quieter then a regular H or X pipe. You want a standard H or X not a shorty version. You want it to bolt up to your shorty headers.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Thanks Matt, I didnt think anyone was up but me. The catalog doesnt list them as standard. The parts dealer is www.mustangsunlimited.com they are local to be and i was going to buy it over the counter.

Peter

Reaction score
yah stock headers = shortie headers

I would go with a run of the mill H pipe it will be loud and agressive. Prochambers are nice but kinda pricey

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
Im looking to get a Midpipe. The parts catalog im looking in lists them like this.......h pipe with shorty headers, h pipe with full length headers and so on. What bolts up to my stock headers?

BTW, I have a Mac Exhaust and was thinking of going with the Off Road Pro Chamber? Any Ideas How It Will Sound?

How do you like the MAC cack-back? Im thinking about that CB with an o/r mac H-pipe.

Kiljosh

Reaction score
Lol a cack back? Sorry that made me laugh.

I think bassani makes a nice Xpipe for v8's. Friend of mine has a 96 gt with flow 50's and a bassani xpipe I believe. Sounds really nice but not too loud at idle.

STNG_96

Reaction score
I think usually, if your running chamberd mufflers, go with an H-pipe. I have an off road X, and magnapacks and absolutely love it. If your going to get some headers, make sure you want to take the time, and spend the money, because I have never heard of anyone that could get headers on these motors without raisin the motor up a few inches. I would love to do it, just dont have the time. If you do get some, get longtubes, shorties wont help near as much as longtubes will, and you may as well get it right the first time.

Outlaw97GT

Reaction score
My apologies to the spell-police. :police:
But in my defense, it was shortly after 4:20..... :thumb:

Kiljosh

Reaction score
Haha man I understand completely. Cack is a great word. :banana:

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I like the sound of my Mac catback its a big change from stock. I want to get the Midpipe done for the performance gains. With six cats under there its really restrictive. How do you guys think it will sound if i added Mac Prochamber?

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
I Think Im Going With The Mac O/R H Pipe. How Do You think it will sound?

white98snake

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
Thanks Matt, I didnt think anyone was up but me. The catalog doesnt list them as standard. The parts dealer is www.mustangsunlimited.com they are local to be and i was going to buy it over the counter.

if ur gonna go their and buy ur mid pipe im sure u coudl tell the man that u want an off road H for ur stock manifolds and he will kno exactly wat u need, he will just need the year of the car

STNG_96

Reaction score
Foster98GT said:
I Think Im Going With The Mac O/R H Pipe. How Do You think it will sound?

o/r-h pipe=deeper
o/r-x pipe=more raspy formula car kinda

They both sound good in opinion, I just like the sound of an x better. Im going to see my buddy this weekend who has an o/r h and flowmasters, I'll try to get a clip of his car, and a clip of mine.

OP
OP
F

Foster98GT

Reaction score
Iwanted to bring my thread back alive. We have more members now so, opinions please

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alida81

Members online