What mods to reach 300rwhp

96flmustang

Reaction score
I just bought a 94GT 5 speed. I was wondering, what mods and about how much money am I looking at to reach 300rwhp? Right now the car is bone stock.

94greenvert

Reaction score
A good HCI will get you very close, it's just that the rest of the car needs to be updated then. Suspension, tires, MAF,TB,Headers,Exhaust

It never ends!

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
HCI like said already, but to be sure to get the magic 300 you should have a port n match job done for the heads and intake.

95CALI-5.0

Reaction score
94greenvert said:
A good HCI will get you very close, it's just that the rest of the car needs to be updated then. Suspension, tires, MAF,TB,Headers,Exhaust

It never ends!

+1 or slap a blower on it

OP
OP

96flmustang

Reaction score
Ya, I was kind of thinking about just saving for a blower. I think I could get a decent supercharger for 2 grand. I had a 96 GT Vert auto that I put 4.10's and full exhaust. But after that, it sure woke the car up but was still in the mid 15 sec range. I am hoping that the 5.0 will be cheaper to mod and easier to work on then the 4.6. Plus, I love the 5 speed and it seems the 5.0 feels like it has more torque.

Pennywise2

Reaction score
96flmustang said:
Ya, I was kind of thinking about just saving for a blower. I think I could get a decent supercharger for 2 grand. I had a 96 GT Vert auto that I put 4.10's and full exhaust. But after that, it sure woke the car up but was still in the mid 15 sec range. I am hoping that the 5.0 will be cheaper to mod and easier to work on then the 4.6. Plus, I love the 5 speed and it seems the 5.0 feels like it has more torque.
The 5.0L engine has more torque than the 4.6L engine.
The 4.6L is more expensive to mod as the 5.0L is cheaper to mod.
You could get the Vortech S or SQ trim tuner kit for about 2700-2800
I do belive but,you will still need the supporting mods to run the supercharger.
I recommend the going with the Procharger P1SC.
www.superchargersonline.com

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
Pennywise2 said:
96flmustang said:
I do belive but,you will still need the supporting mods to run the supercharger.

I would differ comparing a stock 5.0 to a 4.6 in a 03-04 Mach 1 car.........the Mach has more tq , but I know what your saying

Pennywise2

Reaction score
Snakebit said:
Pennywise2 said:
96flmustang said:

I would differ comparing a stock 5.0 to a 4.6 in a 03-04 Mach 1 car.........the Mach has more tq , but I know what your saying
I meant the stock non-pi 4.6L engine.

OP
OP

96flmustang

Reaction score
I was thinking about doing the intake first. What what kind of hp to the wheels can I expect from just the intake? What cost would I be looking at?

Stopsign32v

Reaction score
AFR 165 heads with upgraded valve springs, Custom cam, Edelbrock Performer intake ported and polished and gasket matched.

That is a sure 300rwhp without a question.

wytstang

Reaction score
First the 94-97 have the same 215/280 power rating just different power bands (98 bumped up to 225 like the 92-older 5.0's) A unported/ported cobra intake (or like), a custom cam, and head of choice will get you to your goals. If you are focused on 1/4 times don't worry about what the dyno says as far as hp/tq it's just a tuning device. Focus on the whole package (suspension, gearing, weight, and the most important mod of all...............a good driver. There are plenty of low hp/tq cars running just as fast if not faster then high power cars.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
wytstang said:
First the 94-97 have the same 215/280 power rating just different power bands (98 bumped up to 225 like the 92-older 5.0's) A unported/ported cobra intake (or like), a custom cam, and head of choice will get you to your goals. If you are focused on 1/4 times don't worry about what the dyno says as far as hp/tq it's just a tuning device. Focus on the whole package (suspension, gearing, weight, and the most important mod of all...............a good driver. There are plenty of low hp/tq cars running just as fast if not faster then high power cars.

215/285 for the 94 to 97 GT cars :)

OP
OP

96flmustang

Reaction score
Fun Ford Weekend is coming to Orlando Speed World. Thats pretty close to my house. I hear they have a great swap meet there.
I wish I had some cash to pick up an intake or even an off/road H-Pipe. I know gears are important but want to wait a while before I put them on. My car is used as a daily driver. I put 4.10's on my last car and it pretty much killed my gas mileage. However, it definetly woke the car up. I want to do engine mods first this time around.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online